Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Wireless Phone Charger in Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It works without, but it's nice to have. It comes with the Tesla Store bought kit.

Installed and works great with Pixel 8 Pro

ZtIDXDy.jpeg

Anyone had any issues with these chargers? I had greenmission’s (mentioned a couple posts above) on my 17 MS, and encountered frequent MCU_w095 errors, which essentially took out the sentry/dashcam from recording to my Tesla-branded (and Samsung also) USB drives at random.

The SC here asked if I was using a wireless charger (which I was - greenmission’s); as per the attached screenshot they mentioned they’ve encountered (or speculated) interference (from the magnet aspect of the charger, I’m assuming).

Seems everything aftermarket I try backfires, so I was wondering if anyone’s had a similar experience - and if the Tesla version might be the solution here. GM’s support disclaims any knowledge of a known issue and thus refuses to accept a return.

Thanks!
Yes I did , and I have been over a month without these errors

Check my article , inspired by your question :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately #35 is very much needed. The stock plastic piece does not have a cutout for the cable coming out of the charging pad...

See video:
Then I stand corrected ... Both of my center consoles had the (Apple or Andoid) phone connector already installed which is why I did not need #35. Didn't know some came with a blank off plate instead. Thanks for pointing that out.