Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X/3 Paint Repair Kit $55

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Daniellane

The Tesla Guy
Supporting Member
New product...
Now available on Tesla Online Store
Model S/X/3 Paint Repair Kit
C545B549-1A81-4EB6-B79E-2048337F6720.jpeg

Cover up paint chips from road debris and rocks with the new Tesla Paint Repair Kit. Application is quick and allows users to easily fill in paint chips to a smooth surface within a few simple steps. This new paint system is a two stage process of applying paint to cover the defect and then blending the excess paint to smooth the finish. This process can be repeated multiple times to build layers of paint and fill in chips of varying depth per the desired results.

Please see the below detailed instructional video on this product. When placing your order please ensure to match the product 4 letter paint code with the vehicle paint code located on the label attached to the driver side door.

This kit contains all tools and materials needed to repair paint chips in a single package equipped with the following:

• 1 x Instructional booklet
  • 1 x 0.5 oz bottle of OEM Paint
  • 1 x 1 oz bottle of Blending Solution
  • 1 x squeegee (used for large application needs)
  • 1 x micro brush
  • 1 x ultra brush
  • 1 x wiping cloth
  • 1 x micro fiber towel

New product...
Now available on Tesla Online Store
View attachment 300586
Cover up paint chips from road debris and rocks with the new Tesla Paint Repair Kit. Application is quick and allows users to easily fill in paint chips to a smooth surface within a few simple steps. This new paint system is a two stage process of applying paint to cover the defect and then blending the excess paint to smooth the finish. This process can be repeated multiple times to build layers of paint and fill in chips of varying depth per the desired results.

Please see the below detailed instructional video on this product. When placing your order please ensure to match the product 4 letter paint code with the vehicle paint code located on the label attached to the driver side door.

This kit contains all tools and materials needed to repair paint chips in a single package equipped with the following:

• 1 x Instructional booklet
  • 1 x 0.5 oz bottle of OEM Paint
  • 1 x 1 oz bottle of Blending Solution
  • 1 x squeegee (used for large application needs)
  • 1 x micro brush
  • 1 x ultra brush
  • 1 x wiping cloth
  • 1 x micro fiber towel

Thanks for the heads up.

When I had a steel grey aka midnight silver S, Tesla didn’t have the requisite paint pen in stock for the 2+ years that I owned the car.

Now, naturally, having just checked the page referenced above to order a kit, guess what color is not part of that list (among others).

The multicoat (pearl) white, which is the color of my current chariot. Good times.

My fallback option then, as now, is Dr, Color Chip online. So should this out of stock scenario happen to you, just be sure to use the right paint code, and all the parts and pieces referenced above are available at that site as well.

That said, I do like how Tesla has put everything in one box.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I have used the Dr Color Chip system (...which as noted up thread looks like the OEM supplier to Tesla) for both of our S (see below) for years. Just get the color code off of the driver's door jamb sticker. Works great--and hopefully no stock out for the colors you need.

Does anybody know if the blending solution is designed to blend color, or if it's more of a blob remover a la Langka? (Langka - Blob Eliminator)

I have a ~1 sq inch area that I had to touch up, but the panels have faded a bit and so the touchup area is noticeably darker. Tried using Langka blob remover, it helps to smooth it out but it doesn't actually blend the colors at all. Curious if this might be a better alternative or if it's the same thing.

Does anybody know if the blending solution is designed to blend color, or if it's more of a blob remover a la Langka? (Langka - Blob Eliminator)

I have a ~1 sq inch area that I had to touch up, but the panels have faded a bit and so the touchup area is noticeably darker. Tried using Langka blob remover, it helps to smooth it out but it doesn't actually blend the colors at all. Curious if this might be a better alternative or if it's the same thing.

I'm not 100% sure, but based on my experience with DCC, the blending solution is closer to the blob eliminator. It removes the excess (not fully cured) touch up paint and also blends the clearcoat + "seals" the touchup paint. I don't think it would blend the paint in your situation, though it is probably worth trying...

I ordered & received the Signature Red (PPSR) kit in error. Original shipping container unopened, arrived today.
Big hastle to return. Possibly a 25% restocking charge. May not be returnable at all. Communication / responsiveness & customer service for Tesla online orders is beyond awfull.
Waiting for a response from Tesla.
Anyone need the Sig Red Kit?
If so, PM me. (US lower 50 only) Im sure we can work out something to our mutual satisfaction.

Signature Red (PPSR)
SKU: 9000002-SR-A
07D8AACF-893E-409A-AAD6-2405A20D8456.jpeg

07D8AACF-893E-409A-AAD6-2405A20D8456.jpeg

2FBE8ED6-3A72-4115-83B8-664354426118.jpeg

Ran into a spew of little pebbles on the freeway yesterday, which caused a few tiny scratches in the paint. Not terrible, but just enough to piss me off. I'm just curious on everyone's experience using the paint repair kit. Does it blend well? How noticeable will the repairs be?

Ran into a spew of little pebbles on the freeway yesterday, which caused a few tiny scratches in the paint. Not terrible, but just enough to piss me off. I'm just curious on everyone's experience using the paint repair kit. Does it blend well? How noticeable will the repairs be?

I use dr color chip which is sane as this works great ..blends well and u shouldn’t see any chips when done

Ok,
Just ordered the Multicoat Red.
I still have a Signature Red Kit I ordered and received in error. No returns. Unopened unused in original shipping box.
Anyone interested in buying this at a discount? PM me if interested (US only)
I ordered & received the Signature Red (PPSR) kit in error. Original shipping container unopened, arrived today.
Big hastle to return. Possibly a 25% restocking charge. May not be returnable at all. Communication / responsiveness & customer service for Tesla online orders is beyond awfull.
Waiting for a response from Tesla.
Anyone need the Sig Red Kit?
If so, PM me. (US lower 50 only) Im sure we can work out something to our mutual satisfaction.

Signature Red (PPSR)
SKU: 9000002-SR-A
View attachment 301897
View attachment 301897
View attachment 301908