Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X deliveries with Intel-based MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many 1920x1200 screens don't have square pixels. So the dimensions could still be the same.

To my knowledge, Webkit doesn't support non-square pixel rendering. I had a quick look around online for 1920x1200 LCD panels with non-square pixels but I can't find any. Do you have a source?

(I know that many displays for mobile-devices have the PenTile pixel arrangement, especially at higher resolutions like 1920x1080; while they are technically "non-square" the source raster image data still has square pixels - when I think of non-square pixels I imagine pre-HDTV analog TV signals, but today I don't believe non-square pixel displays are relevant at all).

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else picked up on this... height & width are reversed.
Could it be a result of running the browser in split screen vs full screen and or the old display being a 90 degree rotated landscape screen.
Anybody else out there old enough to remember the Radius Pivot Display running Illustrator ‘88?
What if the new display is actually 3840X2160

2401C02F-4D97-407F-A829-410FFD057EC0.jpeg
ED8777FC-8575-40C2-B2C4-006F84F13CF8.jpeg

Reactions: WINGIT
When did you place your order?
Feb. and it was someone's cancellation. Build date March 5 and in transit March 12. Pick up the 20th. Did the website test and all and it came up New MCU so happy about that issue being gone. EAP seems pretty cool too. Did some auto parking for the first time. Just have to figure out Summon and my iPhone disconnecting. Not sure how to do that yet.

I have 60xx and I cant get an answer on what I have coming. Came off the line on the 28th sitting down in Richmond as they clear the back log at Tysons.

Where is 2018.10.4 in the scheme of new MCU or Old MCU unit. two of my friends have this version but are not tech's to try and dig any deeper.

Out of curiosity, why is it that the new MCU have an updated browser and new maps, and the old MCU does not? I have been reading this thread, and all arguments have been that the old MCU should be getting the new maps and browser. This because despite its a slower processor, the same codes can be utilized... so where is the update with vector maps and browser? The new cars have this already! I would think Tesla would be smart enough to roll out this asap, just so they can prevent a *sugar* storm....
Unless.... It is not coming to MCU1!

Tesla are saying this is just a minor update, and enabling a browser fix and new maps, is in fact just a minor update.... taken what the car can do and everything else into consideration.

I am afraid people with old MCU, are stuck with the old maps and old browser :(
All Tesla has sad is, a fix is coming, and I believe the MCU2 is the fix.

Reactions: viper2ko
Where is 2018.10.4 in the scheme of new MCU or Old MCU unit. two of my friends have this version but are not tech's to try and dig any deeper.

2018.10.4 is MCU1.

Out of curiosity, why is it that the new MCU have an updated browser and new maps, and the old MCU does not? I have been reading this thread, and all arguments have been that the old MCU should be getting the new maps and browser.

We only know MCU1 can run the vector maps because it's already been demonstrated. When they come to MCU1 is up to Tesla.

Nothing has ever been said that MCU1 can run the new browser. As I've mentioned previously, there are a lot of dependencies in an application like a browser, and it could be the Intel platform supports more (or updated) of these dependencies than MCU1, therefore the browser is more capable.

The hope and assumption is yes, MCU1 will get an updated browser. Whether or not it's the same updated browser in MCU2 is yet to be seen. They only way we'll know is when we see it.

Last edited:
Just because the vector maps can be run on MCU1, doesn't necessarily mean that they will be issued? But, I agree with you. I would find it unlikely that Tesla would withhold the vector maps if in fact they can be run on MCU1 (something they can).

There has been evidence about the Vector maps in the codes, but what about a new browser version... any traces?