Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X deliveries with Intel-based MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the MCU powering the 17" main display is now an Intel Gordon Peak chipset (awesome!), formerly a Tegra 3 chipset. Up to now, the IC was powered by a separate Tegra 2 chipset.

Can we try to confirm whether the IC display chipset has also been upgraded from the Tegra 2?

Reactions: zmarty
2447xx, and was notified of completion on 2/22. Doesn’t mean that was completion however. Taking delivery Friday, and I’m not feeling too optimistic about about receiving the upgrade. Anyone have words of hope?

I would throw a fit if you don't get the upgrade and only missed it by a few days. I'd be very upset if I missed this upgrade, which is a significant usability improvement IMO.

Are you taking delivery in Brentwood? If so, I'll be there taking delivery myself and will gladly support you in person, even if I get the newer MCU. I'm serious, just let me know.

I would throw a fit if you don't get the upgrade and only missed it by a few days. I'd be very upset if I missed this upgrade, which is a significant usability improvement IMO.

Are you taking delivery in Brentwood? If so, I'll be there taking delivery myself and will gladly support you in person, even if I get the newer MCU. I'm serious, just let me know.

Be very careful throwing words like “throw a fit” around here. Those are fighting words.

Unique issue. Is later VIN better?

Thanks Arrowpine, unfortunately I am taking delivery in Decatur, GA. I am really big on tech, and wouldn’t be upset if I missed my several months because I would have the benefit of at least enjoying the car. to miss it by a week or so when others are receiving their vehicle before me, and getting updates will be frustrating to say the least. I bought a Tesla for several reasons. Beautiful vehicle, American made, and a startup company that many said would fail, and that I also very much wanted to support. Their in a cash crunch, and I thought maybe my purchase would help a little. I want to see them succeed, but I also want a technologically advanced car. Enough rant...I just really would like a more responsive MCU.

Reactions: Arrowpine
Be very careful throwing words like “throw a fit” around here. Those are fighting words.

Unique issue. Is later VIN better?
I won’t be throwing a fit, but I do plan to ask nicely and politely if there is anything they can do for me. I’ll still take delivery, I’m not going to piss $2,500 down the drain. This is like sports...a 1 point loss in OT is always more painful than a blowout. At least in a blowout, it didn’t seem like there was anything I could do.

Reactions: number12