Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S75D - New owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen much here or online of S75D purchases, general battery and ownership experience stories.

Most appear to have gone 60 or 70 but little 75D related comments.

Has anyone got/getting a 75D to relate stories to, thinking of ordering one soon.

Picking mine up this afternoon!!!!

I got the 75d bc i couldn't really justify the higher expense at this time, but I road trip enough that the larger battery just made more sense. It was the sweet spot for me. I'll definitely post more after taking delivery.

Reactions: Austral
Picking mine up this afternoon!!!!

I got the 75d bc i couldn't really justify the higher expense at this time, but I road trip enough that the larger battery just made more sense. It was the sweet spot for me. I'll definitely post more after taking delivery.

Sounds great, I'm hoping to place my order but just looking how a S75D is with others as for me it also hits that sweet spot for range/AWD and price.

:) be great to hear your early ownership experience.

Wonder also if anyone has done the upgrade from 60 or 70 to a 75 battery as yet?
Will do :) I was originally lined up to order the 70D but then Tesla changed design choices. 60D was cutting it too close for my driving needs (I'm a long distance commuter who appreciates the $0 gas prices and HOV access combined with superchargers along my main commute routes). 90D was not a necessity, while 60D would have entailed too much of a compromise, and 75D was just right. I didn't bother with PUP or any other upgrade besides Autopilot and the AWD. Just a very functional set of choices for my needs.

I placed a deposit before end of July for a S75D with pano roof, black leather seats, HEPA - Premuim upgrade package and AWD plus Red multi-coat.

It was enough of a deal to go for it, and now I have a daft deposit payers colly wobbles.

Both very excited, and very scared, as the price is not what I would pay for any ICE car.

Still waiting for final PCP and p/ex to come through, but getting pretty excited and hope it can all come off.

Reactions: imherkimer
I did a bunch of range calculations on evtripplanner.com with a 600 lb payload at 0F degrees for trips I would normally make for vacations and discovered the 90D and P90D offered no substantive advantage over the 75D other than perhaps as a status symbol, which in some circumstances has its uses. Hahaha. Happy with my choice so far but hey it hasn't been a week yet since I took delivery! Hahahaha. Goodbye Porsche. :)

The 60D was not optimal for the distances i expected and existing supercharger locations. The 60 is a great way to get drivers to seriously consider an electric car. Smart marketing. Or perhaps it is a gateway drug. :)

Last edited:
Sitting in the production queue waiting for my 75D. Order confirmed on 7/21 and hoping the car enters production in the next week or so.

Killings hours and hours of wait time by reading this forum, cleaning the garage, talking to my electrician about setting up charging in my garage, and listening to the Ride the Lightning and Talking Tesla podcasts.

The time goes by very slowly, unfortunately.

S75D due end of this month if all goes well. One thing is the battery range and what most users find theirs gets, at 300 wh/m the 75 gets 250 miles, at 250 wh/m this goes to 300 miles, the Tesla calculator goes mad at 45mph, 10" wheels and outside temp @ 20°C getting 404 miles, even more at higher outside temp. Being in the UK this won't help :)

Be good to see over time what we are all getting.

Nervous about the expense? Is that what it means? :)
So many here say the same thing and I agree. I would not have spent this much $ on another car

Exactly the same. The expense I couldn't justify on an ICE car, it would take it into exotic lite fair such as Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche, C63 AMG and so forth, and I couldn't really see that, but for this car I have done the man maths on the numbers and feel fairly comfortable, but still have reservations.

It is without question the most expensive car I have ever purchased, and also its from new and no real dealer haggling, if I was going for a similar ICE car I would phone around for weeks, try to create a ex-demo/used deal and so on, but for the Model S I have gone straight in.

Has anyone else done the same I wonder?

Got my 75D on August 3rd with everything except rear child seat. Came as a 70D and the service center just got the new 75D firmware at the time of my pickup. So they offered me to do it then and there - of cause I said yes. It took 2 hours to do the update.
They were not sure if that included also my missing 11 to 16.5 kwh charger firmware as well - so I need to drive to another service senter with Tesla wall charger that has more than 24A grid circuit as that was max what I could choose on their type-2 contact.

PerS

Exactly the same. The expense I couldn't justify on an ICE car, it would take it into exotic lite fair such as Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche, C63 AMG and so forth, and I couldn't really see that, but for this car I have done the man maths on the numbers and feel fairly comfortable, but still have reservations.

It is without question the most expensive car I have ever purchased, and also its from new and no real dealer haggling, if I was going for a similar ICE car I would phone around for weeks, try to create a ex-demo/used deal and so on, but for the Model S I have gone straight in.

All other new cars I have purchased started with talking to salesman, who would then ask a manager if he could go lower in price, come back, I tell him no good need it to be lower. He goes back to speak with the mgr. and on and on and on :(
Bargaining for the best price. But buying a Tesla is so easy peasy :)

Reactions: javawolfpack

My Model S will cost ~2.5x more than any ICE I've ever purchased. I've also spent days researching market value of trade-in and of the vehicles I'm interested in prior to going to an ICE car dealer... Then discover that one they of course don't have a vehicle in the colors, options, etc I really wanted... but they do have vehicles with more or less features than I want. I then have to either come back after more research or get them to match the price of my lower featured expected price for on of the higher priced vehicles. In the end I feel exhausted, feel like I still got cheated in someway, and there are still facets of the car I just got that weren't really what I wanted.

I think the no-haggle pricing that is the same for everyone/everywhere (or at least no differences in the same country) is great. Most car companies offer you the ability to customize/price out/look at all the features for their vehicles on their site, similar to Tesla; however, that vehicle doesn't exist and even if you wanted it, it would take as long or longer than getting a Tesla and they'd charge you above and beyond what it should cost to get it. Oh and if you want a base model $66K Model S, you can buy it... but most car companies advertise but don't actually make/sell their base models. This allows them to claim they have a sub $20K vehicle when it's really a 20K+ vehicle as they can't sell you the base model at any dealer.

Had my last test drive yesterday just to be sure and now just waiting for the paperwork to be completed, PCP and p/ex.

If all goes well due in end of August. I am getting the S75D due to a cancelled order that was offered, I was originally looking at the basic Models S60 with zero options, but this came along with a discount and is also AWD, not RWD, so from a 60 to a 75D with options. (Pano roof, PUP, Black NGS, Red multi-coat)

Had an interesting chat about AP and any AP 2.0 upgrades, this dealer seems to keep a tight lid on anything new and plead little knowledge on any substantive rumours heard online.

I'm hoping new Tesla Model S are pre-wired for AP 2.0 or are fairly easy to upgrade when ready.