Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 2015 Owner's Manual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats Blurry, and thanks for showing us a copy of the manual. Hey, it looks like on the X you still can't slam the frunk or close it with one hand; you are supposed to use the two-handed method just like on the S. Dang.

And remember kids, always post pictures when you talk about a new Tesla. Here's Blurry's:

12417964_10205295504003959_5094109100118940529_n.jpg

Reactions: Akikiki
Just picked up VIN # 575. Was given an electronic version of the owners manual. It will be outdated once I get version 7.1 of the software. I just started reading the manual and it's a great resource for any current and prospective Model X owners. Enjoy!

Dropbox - Model X Owner's Manual 7.0 Dec 30 2015.pdf

Nice! Thanks. When did you pick up your car and where? My SC says didn't do any deliveries last week. Trying to find out if this is a local issue. Patiently waiting....

The manual is an earlier version than the one on the touch screen. The give away is the big red X on page 9. The graphic for Model S is shown.

I just wish Tesla Motors would release custom PDF versions for the general public to read. I don't need the world to know everything about my car!

Thanks!

just skimming through...the "active hood" on page 61...I've never heard of that feature!
It appears that it could be a feature for other countries, since the measurements of that page are in metric.

UPDATE: See the "active hood" here: I hit a roo and the deployed

Last edited:
The manual is an earlier version than the one on the touch screen. The give away is the big red X on page 9. The graphic for Model S is shown.

I just wish Tesla Motors would release custom PDF versions for the general public to read. I don't need the world to know everything about my car!
It's absurd. You can just go look at manuals for about any other car out there.

ie.
http://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals.html
Owners Manuals and How-to Videos | Chevrolet

It's absurd. You can just go look at manuals for about any other car out there.
Of course Tesla should publish the manual, but there are parts of the manual that shouldn't be reprinted in a public version. It's a shame those areas of the manual are made public. Only the owners should know some of the data printed. Read the manual, and you will understand why I bring up the subject.

Tesla could handle this by having a separate card about the subject in the glove compartment. Then that page wouldn't need to be in the manual.

There are still a few references if you search for "Model S" and the information on the accessory hitch claims it is 1.25", but the order page recently changed to show that it is 2". It sounds like a pre-release version of the manual.

Hello, Blurry -

Thank you very much for posting the Model X manual. I'll have it completely read by the time I pickup SigX 508.

Could you please post the on the Tesla Motors forum? I think it will be very useful for those not already on the TMC forum to see it.

Thanks again!