Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 2015 Owner's Manual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's available on the my Tesla page in the files section
It hasn't been for very long. I don't recall the previous version being there in the past.

2KR0oDz.png

I just wish Tesla Motors would release custom PDF versions for the general public to read. I don't need the world to know everything about my car!

After reading through this version of the manual, I'm thinking the concern I assume you have (which was discussed rather explicitly in some other threads a few weeks back) may not actually be the problem we initially thought it was - I think it may only work if the 12V battery is dead. They explicitly make the point that you need 12V power on the car to reset it from the dash screen. I don't know if someone who has received their X wants to test it for us?

It's good to see that some of the glaring typos from the 7.0 manual have been fixed, but this manual could still use the experienced eye of a copy editor to clean it up. It seems like some portions were written by people unfamiliar with American English, considering the many instances of "can not" vs. "cannot" and unusual turns of phrases that I've only ever heard in England. I'm very happy that all the references to km/h and Celsius have been made parenthetical to the mph/Fahrenheit units (whereas in 7.0 many of the English unit references were omitted entirely). There are also some lingering Model S references in the manual, such as page 41's reference to "extend the door handles" under Park. You can tell this was created in Word, because the document exhibits all the problems of MS Word's lists (internal spacing different from paragraph spacing and bullet spacing), but that could al be cleaned up quickly by changing the overriding Styles to be more consistent.

Regardless, it's a very easy to understand manual, and I'm glad that it was made available online so that owners could take their time reading it before taking delivery of the Model X. I don't always read the manual, but since this will be my first Tesla, I want to make sure I know everything in that manual before I ever set foot in the vehicle.