Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 2019 Pre-Raven EPA compared with current version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I have a 2019 March Build Model X P100DL Pre-Raven. So it has HW3 and MCU2, it also seems to be CCS compatible, well the UK/EU CCS V3 Superchargers appear in the Nav (not sure if that is actually the way to tell).

I'm considering swapping out for the latest Performance version (long story, it's a UK SME tax thing that I can take advantage of to pretty much get a new car for the cost to me of the trade in).

The new Performance in UK inventory have an WLTP of 340miles. Does anyone know what the 2019 Pre-Raven was? There are some inventory cars at 301miles, but I thought that was the Raven WLTP.

Anyone know how to find out?

Last edited:
I’m sorry I don’t know to find out for sure, but I believe pre-Raven was 295 miles.

Then it went to 325 with Raven updates: Tesla releases new longer range Model S and Model X with drivetrain, suspension upgrades, & more - Electrek

Then there was a jump to 351 miles with the Long Range “Plus” updates. Tesla releases 'Long Range Plus' Model S/X with 390/351 mile range, new wheels - Electrek

Then finally the recent jump to 371 miles with the “efficiency package” updates (unknown exactly what those include). Tesla gives big range increase to Model S Performance - Electrek

Hi

I have a 2019 March Build Model X P100DL Pre-Raven. So it has HW3 and MCU2, it also seems to be CCS compatible, well the UK/EU CCS V3 Superchargers appear in the Nav (not sure if that is actually the way to tell).

I'm considering swapping out for the latest Performance version (long story, it's a UK SME tax thing that I can take advantage of to pretty much get a new car for the cost to me of the trade in).

The new Performance in UK inventory have an WLTP of 340miles. Does anyone know what the 2019 Pre-Raven was? There are some inventory cars at 301miles, but I thought that was the Raven WLTP.

Anyone know how to find out?
My 2017 Model X P100DL was EPA rated for 289 miles. I now get around 270 miles on a full charge. So after 3 years and 63,000 miles, I’ve lost about 19 miles.

Thanks both, that was really helpful. All in it doesn't really matter EPA or WLTP, it's more about the step changes in relative terms.

As the 2019 MX was pretty much from a drivetrain and battery perspective the same as the 2017 100kWh based models; it's a relative jump for the P100DL /Performance from circa 289 to 371 miles (EPA)?

Thanks both, that was really helpful. All in it doesn't really matter EPA or WLTP, it's more about the step changes in relative terms.

As the 2019 MX was pretty much from a drivetrain and battery perspective the same as the 2017 100kWh based models; it's a relative jump for the P100DL /Performance from circa 289 to 371 miles (EPA)?
289 to 340. 371 is LR+ not P. Still significant jump

289 to 340. 371 is LR+ not P. Still significant jump

Yes thanks for the correction, 50miles is still a big difference energy consumption wise. Getting the quicker charging is also a bonus; lack of vented seats with the old headrests is the only downside.

Order placed, online says March Delivery, however I got a call in the afternoon that asked if I could take delivery in December would I. Which would be a fast turn around for a UK car as the bulk of the time on an MS or MX now is on shipping not manufacture post launch of M3 and MY in the US.

For OP, my June 2017 100D had range of 295 miles when new. 100% now is 289.

I charge to 80% each day which I believe contributed to my good results. That said, there are a billion threads and emails on the “right” percentage to charge your battery daily. My experience is that 90% is fine and will get you the expected 3% to 5%-ish percentage of degradation over time, but 80% will be easier on the battery (and still provides plenty of range).

Here’s a link to a good article on the topic from back in the day! Tesla battery expert recommends daily charging limit to optimize durability - Electrek