TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X 3rd Gen 72 A charger hacking!

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by Anner J. Bonilla, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Anner J. Bonilla

Hello,

I purchased a Tesla Model X 72 A charger to charge a battery bank for a electric aircraft we are working on.

Here are a few videos of the inside.

I will add more as I continue probing around and hacking it into submission :D.
    I figure you guys may be interested on it.

Please let me know if you like them and what else would you like to see.

• Like x 5
  2. Anner J. Bonilla

Endoscopy time!

3. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Good luck! I think @wk057 gave up on getting the Model S charger to work outside the car. (Too many safety checks/fail-safes that have to all be exactly right for it to work.)

4. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

• Helpful x 1
  5. Anner J. Bonilla

Yes!!
    He mentioned they are working on the charger which is what also made me purchase this charger when I saw it pop up.

I still plan to do the teardown (and not damage anything) as a learning exercise and see how clever Tesla is with the packaging. So far really clever.