Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 6-seater 2nd row center console now available (new builds only)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because it is not removable, really kills it for me. Would be great if you could order the part and have it available for trips where you want it, and remove it at other times.

I imagine Tesla wouldn't want to sell it and potentially be liable for it as a flying object.

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Because it is not removable, really kills it for me. Would be great if you could order the part and have it available for trips where you want it, and remove it at other times.

I imagine Tesla wouldn't want to sell it and potentially be liable for it as a flying object.

Given that many cars have removable seating even, designing a click-on, click-off center console would certainly not be impossible, but Tesla has no history for this kind of mechanical interior finesse.

I'm in the same situation as @AnxietyRanger. I originally wanted a center console for the 2nd row, but now I'm not so sure. I'll wait until I can see one and see how it's designed/implemented (and how it affects 3rd row access/leg-room) before committing one way or another.

Very happy that Tesla is offering this option. Also happy with the new 20" gray wheels. I wonder if all these new items are thanks to the new guy from Volvo? Looking forward to new additions as well...
I wonder what the over/under is for the Volvo guy leaving out of frustration with the 'production efficiency' design philosophy at Tesla. I can't imaging he will be able to get much done without violating it.

I wonder what the over/under is for the Volvo guy leaving out of frustration with the 'production efficiency' design philosophy at Tesla. I can't imaging he will be able to get much done without violating it.

What if he's the one behind it? The timing would fit.

I think there was some talk that the Volvo guys background was less interior design and more production.