Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 60D Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they dropped it about 2-3 weeks ago on mytesla. i'm not biting yet, want to see if they are willing to drop it to $2k just like the model S 60-75 upgrade fee.

The only challenge of that scenario is the the MX and MS drop happened at same time. If tesla were to drop MX battery price it had to time with an MS drop it wouldn't happen.

Most likely price drop scenario is if the X 75D price were to lower.

I would like to ask current owners of the Model X 60D whether they find the range of the car adequate for their needs.
Yes, we now have 16000 miles and while the added miles of the 75D would be nice we have been able to make many road trips (for example: Fayetteville, NC to Fayetteville, AR to Disney World, FL for Christmas of 16 and back to Fayetteville, NC - was our biggest one yet) using the existing supercharger network and it is only going to get better.

all fellow mx60 owners, do you guys like the acceleration? how many of you are charging 100%?
acceleration is fantastic compared to anything other than another Tesla. We are only charging to 100% on trips.

Does anyone have their maximum charged range at 196 miles or lower?
I have seen mine at 196 and later in the same day at 198. When it was new I saw 203/202 a few times but what ever its not like the superchargers are that far apart.

Personally if I'm going to own the car for a length of time, psychologically I'm going to want to maximize it and unlock its full potential. For us I imagine it could make certain family trips less stressful, especially to off-the-beaten-path rural areas and in the winter. It's not a huge difference but when it matters..
Agreed

I'm not biting yet, want to see if they are willing to drop it to $2k just like the model S 60-75 upgrade fee
I'm with you here, no rush for us, and besides I kinda like being part of that small group of MX60D owners that are defying the odds.

cheers, ;)

Still repping my 60D badge despite the 75D upgrade.

Conflicted between
1 - Too lazy to change the badge
2 - Wanting my car to be accurate
3 - Wanting to feel special thinking I'm a part of the 60D club even though I technically left it.

• Funny
Reactions: MXFan
Still repping my 60D badge despite the 75D upgrade.

Conflicted between
1 - Too lazy to change the badge
2 - Wanting my car to be accurate
3 - Wanting to feel special thinking I'm a part of the 60D club even though I technically left it.

I'm with you, haven't upgraded yet but probably won't change the badge when I do. Mainly because I like people not being able to google how much my car costs, and I can say I have the cheapest model X, that's no longer even being sold. (I'm the only tesla in my kids school parking lot so we stick out like a sore thumb..)

I'm going to head to Orlando this weekend and I will try and recalibrate my battery and let you guys know if it goes back up. Apparently some people are saying it will.

Also has anyone contacted Tesla about this. I'm getting so many different answers.

Also there a forum tread about this on Tesla.com has anyone else read it?

My wife and I are in that group. Ordered a X 60D with AP1 and deferred it until February only because our lease on the LEAF wasn't going to be up until May and we wanted as small of an overlap as possible. We got really lucky....only paid $2500 for AP 1 and so far have all of AP2. We were asked to upgrade to enhanced autopilot before we got the car but the request has since disappeared.

Reactions: nikeykid
the most exclusive club are those lucky folks that ordered their X60 in Q3 2016 but deferred delivery until Q4 2016 and got HW2.0. How did they have such incredible foresight?? why didn't I have incredible foresight?

I'm in that club. Ordered July 2016 but delivered Feb 28, 2017. I'm surprised that the condition of my car was virtually perfect, except for a very slight FWD misalignment. The door works properly, so I'm not going to have them fiddle with it.