Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X and monkeys at Longleat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any experience with Model X (or any Tesla I guess) at Longleat Safari park.

The monkeys there can be a bit of a pest and pull of antennae and rear brake lights, rubber trim, hub caps and windscreen squirters

However TMX doesn't have hubcaps, windscreen squirters, rear windscreen wipers, antennae, I'm not sure abotu rubber trim (wife is borrowing my car atm and I can't remember) or rear brake light.

I know Tesla build quality is pretty shoddy and I wonder if they'll be pulling off the chrome trim etc?

The windscreen wipers seem quite sturdy too.

But maybe this is wishful thinking - any experience out there?

And what's the wrost dmaage they could do anyway. I don't mind £100 or so of damage (cheaper than getting a VIP truck experience).

• Love
Reactions: Leilani
Does anyone have any experience with Model X (or any Tesla I guess) at Longleat Safari park.

The monkeys there can be a bit of a pest and pull of antennae and rear brake lights, rubber trim, hub caps and windscreen squirters

However TMX doesn't have hubcaps, windscreen squirters, rear windscreen wipers, antennae, I'm not sure abotu rubber trim (wife is borrowing my car atm and I can't remember) or rear brake light.

I know Tesla build quality is pretty shoddy and I wonder if they'll be pulling off the chrome trim etc?

And what's the wrost dmaage they could do anyway. I don't mind £100 or so of damage (cheaper than getting a VIP truck experience).[/

And what's the wrost dmaage they could do anyway. I don't mind £100 or so of damage (cheaper than getting a VIP truck experience).
Hope it goes well. We have been without incident but not in the Tesla though as monkeys might fancy a Tesla too...lol
Worse case could be wipers and side mirrors.

I went to Longleat about 3 years ago and went on the bus through the monkey enclosure...some but job was in their brand new MS in the monkey enclosure...there were plenty of people on the bus desperate for the monkeys to pounce on the MS...alas no damage at all...can't help but feel disappointed...I wouldn't take my M3 through it tho...not stupid...

Its not just monkeys, this Zebra latter decided that a Toyota badge made a good scratching post!!

48153163352_36efdb42b2_c_d.jpg

Autopilot 'sees' Antelopes :).

48153121652_9a5f9fbe33_k_d.jpg

Been through it multiple times at Longleat with previous cars and never had a problem with the monkeys. Why? Because I keep moving and don’t stop, ever. It seems there are still plenty of dafties who stop to take a closer look at the “cute” monkeys, only to find their car getting ripped to shreds. The dafties seem to provide enough entertainment for the monkeys so just keep on moving would be my advice.

Oh...and no way would I do it in my Model 3, just to be clear. If we go back it’ll be in the wife’s Clio :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: Leilani