Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X appreciation post

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnxietyRanger

Aug 22, 2014
EU
Hi guys! Ahem, as the good ol' member @ohmman suggested in another thread that this place could use some positivity, I thought I'd give it a go. So I took my Model X P100D for an half an hour spin, to see what I like about it report back. Only the things I like about it.

Here goes:

1) It does drive sublimely. Obviously there is some perverse pleasure in sitting at every lights, the that "D" planted firmly, with full knowledge that that "P" can smoke anything that might arrive next to it. Well, anything but a faster BEV, of which there may be a few in the world. No questions about it, the 0-60 is mighty impressive. And while the car's handling is not exactly featherweighty, it does have a go-kart like quality to tackling corners. I wouldn't call it tossable, but it ain't no tosser either. It feels light for its weight.

2) The premium sound system is actually good. I put it on 9 and pushed out some Spotify and while the digital source leaves something to be desired (better could be had from a memory stick of course), it is excellent that I can just use Spotify like that. It doesn't even require setting up an account. All the music I can and have discovered thanks to that. Yes, this car is a good place to be alone, late at night on some abandoned piece of road...

3) The cold LED lighting makes the car appear nice in the dark. This is something one does not appreciate during daytime. There are these touches here and there, everywhere really, that make Model X stand out especially from Model S. I like coming up to the car, I like sitting in it at night, it is a bit of a show also with everything being so silently electric, motors whirring and purring everywhere as it comes alive opening doors and spoilers and mirrors. It's Robocop.

4) I dooooooooooo like the six-seater. Yes, sir, mam, I do. That aisle in the middle is big enough to host a wedding and again those sculptural madness seats in middle whizzing about, they are a nice touch. Even the granted-cramped third-row is quite nice in this setup. Those mug holders and the third USB there, nice small touches that you kind of appreciate over time, and that aisle in the middle guarantees access and space for feet. And how that trunk, when the third-row is not folded away, is so superbly sized for groceries. You can just line them up there and not worry about them falling over everywhere (when you smoke that Audi quattro at the lights).

5) I didn't open the falcon wings on this short appreciation trip. But I know they were there, waiting to do their thing. They are a ton of trouble, but I wager they never get old - never. I love how the music plays from above me when the doors are open. This is supercar stuff, people, the stupid greatness. This is temperament, this is soul.

Yes, I just think the Model X might be the world's first SUV supercar.

Feel free to post your Model X appreciation below.

Last edited:
...motors whirring and purring everywhere as it comes alive opening doors and spoilers and mirrors. It's Robocop...

wait, you have an XP100D with active spoiler? cool, not many of those around...

i love my X. fast, impressive, draws the most attention at cars and coffee and gets the most questions and playful jeers. :D

comfortable front seats, lots of room people are always so shocked to see 7 seats in here. always draws stares and you see pointing and here people yelling tesla when i roll by.

all in all more than enough goodness for a single 25 year old redneck. ;)

One thing I didn't touch yesterday in my posts were the roof views.

The front window is controversial, but I do appreciate the views upwards. Those small roof windows on the falcon wing doors are especially nice touches IMO. Whenever I am back there I like looking up through them. They are so... unlike... anything in a car. I like them.

One thing I didn't touch yesterday in my posts were the roof views.

The front window is controversial, but I do appreciate the views upwards. Those small roof windows on the falcon wing doors are especially nice touches IMO. Whenever I am back there I like looking up through them. They are so... unlike... anything in a car. I like them.
these are what will keep me in a MX for a bit. the only other car that might be able to compare is a Lucid if they ever come to market.

the fact that i can simply gaze upwards to see stoplights, airplanes, nature, etc. is priceless...

You forgot to mention the ability to say, "but can your car do this!" and then activate the Christmas easter egg and have the car do..., well you know what it does, right? Did it last night for the first time for the kids. Watching their simultaneous shock and glee made the price of admission worth it alone.

You forgot to mention the ability to say, "but can your car do this!" and then activate the Christmas easter egg and have the car do..., well you know what it does, right? Did it last night for the first time for the kids. Watching their simultaneous shock and glee made the price of admission worth it alone.

I ran it on our front yard and my family was so embarrassed when it started playing the music real loud. When it started waving the doors, they wanted to run inside. They kept asking me to stop it (not that I would have even known how standing outside).

I loved it.

I ran it on our front yard and my family was so embarrassed when it started playing the music real loud. When it started waving the doors, they wanted to run inside. They kept asking me to stop it (not that I would have even known how standing outside).

I loved it.
haha... I told my wife she's not allowed to turn on the Xmas easter egg show anywhere near our house/ neighborhood. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: AnxietyRanger