Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X bike carrier recommendation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

After having recently decided to upgrade from our MS70 to a MX75D, I am now looking for a suitable bike carrier for 4 bikes (and yes, I have already confirm that the tongue weight allowance of the tow bar is sufficient for the weight of the bikes I am planning to carry).

Would you have any recommendation of what bike carrier to get?

I’m currently looking at the Thule G6 929, as the Telstra-branded accessory does not carry 4 bikes and the Yakima FullSwing requires the 2 inch receiver which as I understand is not provided for MX beyond the US.

Would be great to get your perspectives.

Thanks!

Karsten

I use a Thule 9044AU T2 Classic - 50mm Receiver 2 Bike Carrier - Thule Australia

It carries 2, expands to 4 with the add-on, which I also have.

I did source a 2" square from the USA and am not sure if new MX's in Australia come with the useless "Swan Neck" hitch like mine did or the 2" square receiver.

I made LED lights for my rack, however, you need to activate trailer mode to make the lights works but this of course disables Autopilot. That's a pain given I'm not actually towing and would like to use Autopilot.