Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is never a proper time to park like this.

In my youth, I had a "friend" (I use this term lightly) who parked like this over 3 spots in a school parking lot at 2am.. Less than an hour he was arrested (for an unrelated matter) but it was his shitty parking job that alerted the cops that something weird was up.

Don't park like a jackass!

That's a pretty unforgiving attitude. I think it's an entirely reasonable way to park IF there are other stalls open and IF the owner remains nearby to move in case things get busy.

Tesla has built back-in charging stations with extremely short cables. Tesla is building cars with hitches and actively promotes the use of hitch racks. This parking job is the obvious consequence of these two incompatible actions by Tesla.

That's a pretty unforgiving attitude. I think it's an entirely reasonable way to park IF there are other stalls open and IF the owner remains nearby to move in case things get busy.

Tesla has built back-in charging stations with extremely short cables. Tesla is building cars with hitches and actively promotes the use of hitch racks. This parking job is the obvious consequence of these two incompatible actions by Tesla.
This picture clearly shows the X is plugged in.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 63
Maybe (for this supercharger configuration) we should leave the farthest right stall (when facing superchargers) open for people towing or with bike racks. That way, they would at most take up 1 extra spot and a bunch of regular parking spots. I guess that would be the opposite of getting ICEd.

Was that photo really of someone who left their car like that to charge? It looks more like someone doing that to take a picture and the Internet went crazy without context. There is a lot of red and white in that picture, it looks too perfect to be a real park job. I can't imagine someone would actually do that and think it's OK.
I was referring to this post.

Wow! So much for Sigs being the first deliveries.
@Jgdixon - I always assumed I'd get my 90D a few weeks to a month after you got your Sig, but after the email I just got from my/our DS, I'm thinking we may get them around the same time.. ?

From my DS:

Everything still on track. Your Model X is in production and has begun the painting process. I think we should still be good for June delivery. I can’t be more exact until the vehicle has been loaded for shipping.

Hopefully our timeline will preclude you needing a rental. Just check in with me every few days for an update J

Have a great evening!

@Jgdixon - I always assumed I'd get my 90D a few weeks to a month after you got your Sig, but after the email I just got from my/our DS, I'm thinking we may get them around the same time.. ?

From my DS:

Everything still on track. Your Model X is in production and has begun the painting process. I think we should still be good for June delivery. I can’t be more exact until the vehicle has been loaded for shipping.

Hopefully our timeline will preclude you needing a rental. Just check in with me every few days for an update J

Have a great evening!

Which province are you?

Just got the email tonight that my non-Sig X is in Vancouver and has passed all the inspections by the service team. Apparently can pick up Saturday or they might deliver here to Kelowna. Now I am trying to figure out if I should have it wrapped and coated. Vin 75xx

Congratulations......Download the delivery checklist for Model X..Vancouver SC is way ahead of Toronto and Montreal.

@goneskiian @Martin VanB good point. Hope the charging infrastructure improves as EV adoption increases.

Existing owners, do you avoid parking spots that are charge stations unless you need them? What about TESLA charge stations parking spots? As I'm new to all this, would like to get other view points. Is there a mechanism for EV owners to reserve spots if they are running low, or some way to notify others that someone with a more urgent need is going to be in the area? What's the proper etiquette?

Leave a piece of paper with your cell so a person who needs to charge can contact you for option to move your car. This is a great way to share.