TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X changes / Towing

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by SabrToothSqrl, May 21, 2018.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

When did towing become standard on the Model X?

Thanks. I'm looking in the CPO or used market and want to know what to look for.

I know I want a 2017 for AP2.

Anything else I should look out for?

I want black on black seats - the fake leather stuff. (not textile)
    Must have premium audio
    20" wheels - I test drive w/22s and that's not happening on PA roads.
    must have the PUP option.
    EAP i can add after the fact, so either way.

I'm just confused because Tesla keeps changing options, and not by year, so buying used is a lot harder...

thanks!

Looks to be $95 new - rebate, but I'm really in the 80k area... :(

So, with the power of depreciation! lol

2. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

It became standard on cars built starting July 2017, but not all cars were actually delivered with the tow package.

You should bundle the wheels with after the fact, many will pay you $ to swap your 22's for 20's. Along those lines, same with the tow package. It can be added after the fact, or an older car may have the tow package or even the accessory package that can be upgraded to full towing.

Seat configuration. If you're going 7 seater, they're different in the earlier models than the newers ones. Other than that; it isn't a lot of major changes that you'd notice on a day to day basis.

• Like x 1
  3. SabrToothSqrl

Thank you much. I'd be fine with any seat config. Prefer 5 as it's the cheapest...

4. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

If you buy used make sure you check if "Free Supercharging" carries on to the new owner. Don't think it does for 2017 models but you may want to check if its important to you, that is.

5. SabrToothSqrl

Good call. It would be nice to have, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

thanks.