Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X charge port continuously opens while parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m parked in a parking lot and sitting in the car while waiting for the kids to finish with their piano lesson and the charge port opens. I close it on the touchscreen and a few minutes later it will spontaneously open again. Over an hour, the door will open about 40 times. Is there a setting to keep it closed?

I’m parked in a parking lot and sitting in the car while waiting for the kids to finish with their piano lesson and the charge port opens. I close it on the touchscreen and a few minutes later it will spontaneously open again. Over an hour, the door will open about 40 times. Is there a setting to keep it closed?
Take it to the SC - you have a small problem.

Unless someone is continuously hitting the button on the charging cable, or you are constantly triggering it from the FOB, it should not be opening.

Reactions: FlyF4
No, there's no "setting".

I had a similar problem with my early X (while on a 3,000 mile road trip). Mine would also stay open while driving. SC replaced it and I've had no problems since.

Were you leaning on the remote or was it in a pocket that was twisted by your seating position? You can open the charge door by pressing and holding the trunk button on the fob.

I had the same issue a few weeks back, after troubleshooting on the phone for 20-30 min, they suggested i remove the battery on my Fob to see if maybe the button was stuck in the fob, after removing the battery the charge door stopped opening on it's own.

Told me if i continued to have issues the Fob may need to be replaced.

I just had a spurious charge door opening while parked last night. I was doing my typical "press the key fob in my pocket while walking away and then peering over my shoulder to make sure the spoiler/mirrors were closing. I saw them folding and then immediately the charge door popped open.

Since my hand was on the key I don't think this could have been an accidental press (I pressed only the top part and only briefly, neither of which would open the charge door). The only recent changes were that I had my MCU replaced to fix the "March 2017 yellow screen ring defect" and in the process I was updated to 2018.4.1...?

It was just the one occurrence though...