Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Charging very Slow at Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharging slows down at roughly 50% SOC. Going from 10% to 50% is much quicker than 50% to 90%. Like 2 or 3 times faster.

Unless you need 95% for a specific leg, charging to 95% is really slow and blocking SC access unnecessarily.
I’m not sure if you’re speaking to me but I know that. I’ve been in this world for a long time. Yesterdays charging was definitely abnormal.

I also said 95% of the time I use superchargers not that I charge to 95% all the time

Supercharging slows down at roughly 50% SOC. Going from 10% to 50% is much quicker than 50% to 90%. Like 2 or 3 times faster.

Unless you need 95% for a specific leg, charging to 95% is really slow and blocking SC access unnecessarily.
ABRP has real world graphs on this. S/X 100 kWh below.

Faster Tesla Supercharging - How does it actually perform?

BTX6.png.024211d5849ced786f07c6494421bbd8.png

• Informative
Reactions: Hebert
I’m disappointed to read about the throttling. I have a brand new raven 100D. I supercharge 95% of the time. I have 6500 miles in about 7 weeks. I just supercharged yesterday and I peaked at 32kw. Battery was 20c and I was 60% SOC. It should’ve been faster. I take a lot of road trips and this sucks. I hope it was a fluke.

32 kW is either a paired stall that someone else was using the other half of or malfunctioning equipment.