Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Chrome black out/Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recent chrome delete we did on our Model X project.

IMG_6253wm.jpg
IMG_6561wm.jpg

nice. my installer's been having trouble working around the chrome under the mirrors because every time the mirror retracts, it rips the vinyl. he should give my installer some tips. i'm going back again next week to get it fixed :(

You can't really do that part under the mirrors or it will rip the vinyl like you said. My guy just left that area chrome. It still looks really good.

You can do under the mirrors as well. We did everything. A bit time consuming but worth it in the end.

ChromedeleteX.jpg
chromedeletex2.jpg

Hi everyone!

My name is Alexa and i work for .............. and we are located in Sherman Oaks, CA.

I am constantly reading these forums so i decided to join.

I noticed a lot of people are looking to chrome delete their Model X, so that is something i can help with.
We have done many Tesla Model X's now, so here are a few sample pictures just in case anyone is interested.

Hi Alexa,

My understanding of forum rules is that you have to be a vendor to solicit business to yourself. Out of proper business ethics and respect of forum supporters such as the post above yours, I do not think you should post here to try and drum up business. That's just poor taste imo.

In fairness, I've never even been to unplugged performance or any of the other vendors but respect the fact that they pay to be able to advertise here.

You seem to be gearing up to spam the forum too as you are advertising on a totally unrelated thread aside from this.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful
Reactions: danny
Hi Alexa,

My understanding of forum rules is that you have to be a vendor to solicit business to yourself. Out of proper business ethics and respect of forum supporters such as the post above yours, I do not think you should post here to try and drum up business. That's just poor taste imo.

In fairness, I've never even been to unplugged performance or any of the other vendors but respect the fact that they pay to be able to advertise here.

You seem to be gearing up to spam the forum too as you are advertising on a totally unrelated thread aside from this.
Hi Alexa,

You seem to be gearing up to spam the forum too as you are advertising on a totally unrelated thread aside from this.

How do i become a vendor?

I wanted to try blacking out some of the chrome to see what it looks like. I am happy with it. Just thought I would post in case anyone is curious or thinking of doing it themselves. This greatly elevates any issues with finger prints on the door handles which is a huge plus when you have a four year old who likes to open the doors himself.
Just sent a PM

I received a quote for a couple thousand then I went by another place and met a guy who loved my car and has been wrapping and tinting cars for 15 years... He also did work for Tesla early on for the Model X. His quote was $350 for all the chrome on the car. The guy loves what he does and he did an amazing job! I am very picky so yeah... I am a happy camper.
Hi Michael - looks great! Can you please PM me the info on your installer. Thx!

Reactions: MichealW