Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DS just updated me that my car has completed production. First went into prod 11/29. I never got any email from tesla, it was all through my DS. My tesla still says "in production". Once I send payment they will be getting it on the first truck to Austin. She assured me it will only take a week to ship.
Great news! Mine went into production on 11/30. Hopefully it will complete production in the next day or so and join yours on a truck down to Texas. (I am in Houston.)

Reactions: satish
Great news! Mine went into production on 11/30. Hopefully it will complete production in the next day or so and join yours on a truck down to Texas. (I am in Houston.)
Please go check on my car for me and take some pictures. Don't know which service center it is at. If your DS is Dayan then my car is there. Mines is standard white with pup and white interior with 20 inch rims.

Hoping for a December delivery, though DS thinks January (but possible sooner).

Blue X90D, Tow, Sound, Premium, Black/Black Leather/Headliner

Order: 10/20
Confirmed E-Mail: 10/27
VIN E-Mail: 10/28 (28xxx)
Production Started in MyTesla: 11/23
Production Started Email: 11/29
Production Complete Email (Delivery "Late December - January, 2017"): 11/30
As of Dec 1: MyTesla still shows In production
Delivery: Hoping before the end of the year ...

Just an update, have delivery appointment scheduled for 12/23!

Nope, not a Texas thing. Not sure why he has to make payment before it would ship. I paid for mine at the time of delivery (in Texas).

It seems the Dallas deliveries can pay at time of pickup but I read in one of the other threads that Austin deliveries sometime would be held at the border until payment is complete. Don't know the details why a difference if it is just governed by state law?

Why do you have to pay before they ship? Normally you pay when you pick up the car...
Tha
Nope, not a Texas thing. Not sure why he has to make payment before it would ship. I paid for mine at the time of delivery (in Texas).

I'm paying part of the car via money orders so that could be why. Although mytesla just got updated to "in transit" so perhaps my ds is incorrect? I'll have to check with her again.

Got an email saying that production was completed, estimated delivery December 17th-31st.

Model X90D
Order Confirmed- 10-31-16
Vin Assigned - 11-1-16 vin. 28XXX
In Production - 11-30-16
Production Complete - 12-4-2016 (email only, website still says in production)
Delivery: December 17th-31st

Figuring out the email vs website thing sounds like a good job for some investigative journalist. While some of you are getting emails ahead of the website, many others have never gotten an email yet the website has changed.... How is this even possible in software?

My Tesla just changed to it has been built and is in transit from the factory!! 3 days after getting the production is done email.

I forgot to post but "MyTesla" page did update a day after the email and said my MX was actually in transit while the email said it was being prepared for transit....

12/2: Email said "your Tesla is being prepared for transit to your Delivery Center". MyTesla was still saying "in production"
12/3: MyTesla page updated sometime in the evening to show "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory"

Figuring out the email vs website thing sounds like a good job for some investigative journalist. While some of you are getting emails ahead of the website, many others have never gotten an email yet the website has changed.... How is this even possible in software?
My MyTesla just changed from 'Production Queue' to 'In The Smithsonian".