Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X door no longer open fully automatically without USS (ultra-sonic sensors)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I noticed this with my newly picked up Model X. It’s funny, but the falcon wing door sensors are there, because it displays obstacles next to the doors. I thought that it was enough with just the falcon wing sensors to fully open the doors. Of course, there were are no sensors in the driver and passenger doors previously and non now, so why cant it work now?
My 2020X had sensors on the front doors and it showed them working on the display.

Good to know about the Y - the day was pretty windy (the weather was crap actually) on the day that I had it for the drive. So perhaps I thought the resistance to opening was a motor I was fighting, when it was just the wind and a heavy door that I actually had to push myself for the first time in a while. :)

I checked out Reddit as well, seems fake. Same guy has said he got a call from Tesla to say his X delivery is delayed due to line switching to incorporate front camera bumpers but then admitted he took delivery of a car without them.
It was true; however, doors only open fully while the car is updating. Surprisingly, they track obstacles through the cameras middle of update; however, not while the car is back in operational mode.

As for the call, it was a witnessed call by the Tesla Discord group; which is why it was reported by Teslascope, and why I had actually received compensation from Tesla in form of a charging credit. Had a full post about it on X.

I may be able to offer some insight about one of my own questions:
  • Got a brief look inside a new Model X today (at a Tesla showroom). I was told by the Tesla sales rep that the "Mobile Entry" setting now on the "Safety" screen is basically the same as the "Passive Entry" setting used to be.
However, I don't see any confirmation about "Mobile Entry" online or in owner's manuals. So maybe this is a new change with the latest (FSD) software? (The demo Model X did have FSD v12.3.2.1, so either it had a special factory build for promotional purposes, or maybe it simply had the latest FSD software download?)

The great "Mobile Entry" mystery is solved here, I think.

PS: The Sacramento Service Center/Showroom currently has an original Roadster on display, and there are two employee-owned Cybertrucks there, also. So fun place to visit (but parking is tight).

Once again, the Sacramento Service Center is proving to be an entertaining place:

Sacramento Service Center - 04-25-24.jpg

Sadly, they are all spoken for.​

Last edited: