Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Feature Request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) drag and edit navigation route via superchargers instead of only giving one option. i know it's google powered so let's keep some of that google awesomeness

1a) enhanced traffic-aware navigation. this is where Waze excels and Tesla needs to seriously look at that.

2) double or triple click fob "roof" to close all doors

3) car wash mode but not for mechanical wash. i never went to those even before i bought such an expensive car. i like the auto-present door feature but it's annoying when i'm doing circles around my car when detailing it. yes i could disable it then turn it back on when done but why not just hit "car wash mode" and call it a day?

4) chirp horn when vehicle locks or maybe i'm just missing this option somewhere

5) visual alerts for blind spot detection. maybe illuminate a brightly colored LED in the IC or elsewhere. verbal alerts too if attempting lane change (AP or not).

6) some kind of tech to keep rear camera lens CLEAN! can't see crap when its raining and i use it as a blindspot confirmation source. does anyone make miniature wipers? ;)

7) remote close/open passenger door from fob or Tesla app - heck, just enhance your app a bit (i'm not paying $9.99 for an app when Tesla can just update theirs. my iOS app is half done but i don't have time for all of that and where is the Tesla SDK anyway?)

8) 2-way comms with other Tesla vehicles around you sounds cool. like if you're in a road trip group and you don't want to call people on their phones for some reason. "talk" to the car in front of or behind you. or if you need to send a "broadcast" message to the group. just put in a CB radio or Tesla only CB-like radio. who knows where that could go?

9) rotating captains chairs would be so cool. of course this would not be for the 7 seat option but for the 6 option it would be nice. i don't like sitting in one seat and leaning over a gap to play with my daughter in her car seat. instead i'd like to swivel my seat or her seat around so we could face each other.

Please allow the functionality of the "fang" fog lights. The ones that only illuminate at night even on the ones without the fog light option.

It adds so much character especially for a large front end. It only turns on at night and would be amazing if it turns on like the ones on the parking lights of the early model s days.

how about letting us change the color too! that would be sweet!

4) chirp horn when vehicle locks or maybe i'm just missing this option somewhere

I actually appreciate that my Tesla isn't annoyingly chirpy. Given how reliable walk-away-locking is, I see no reason for the chirp.

6) some kind of tech to keep rear camera lens CLEAN! can't see crap when its raining and i use it as a blindspot confirmation source. does anyone make miniature wipers? ;)
Inorite!!

7) remote close/open passenger door from fob or Tesla app - heck, just enhance your app a bit (i'm not paying $9.99 for an app when Tesla can just update theirs. my iOS app is half done but i don't have time for all of that and where is the Tesla SDK anyway?)
Sigh. I gave in and realized $9.99 isn't that big of deal to pay for Remote S (much cheaper than my time to develop my own). It is sad that I need to. It's also sad that I still prefer the Tesla app for tracking location and charge status - Remote S is difficult to visualize charge info, and doesn't get the live-stream when the vehicle is in motion. But for quickly enabling climate or unlocking the car, Remote S is my go-to.

8) 2-way comms with other Tesla vehicles around you sounds cool. like if you're in a road trip group and you don't want to call people on their phones for some reason. "talk" to the car in front of or behind you. or if you need to send a "broadcast" message to the group. just put in a CB radio or Tesla only CB-like radio. who knows where that could go?
That's called a conference call, with all phones connected to their cars via bluetooth. I guess that's not quite as good as Push To Talk (so that you can have music playing or whatever while no on is talking). But this still seem superfluous, and there are obviously far more important and useful things for Tesla to be working on (like navigation!). Also, I doubt the cellular modems in the cars can do audio calls. Tesla would be stuck footing the bill for data usage for this feature. I don't know if that would be a significant concern for them. Probably not, so I retract that objection.

9) rotating captains chairs would be so cool. of course this would not be for the 7 seat option but for the 6 option it would be nice. i don't like sitting in one seat and leaning over a gap to play with my daughter in her car seat. instead i'd like to swivel my seat or her seat around so we could face each other.
Heh. The monoposts are already engineering marvels. Might as well add another layer to it!

My number one complaint with X right now is the way the second row seat latching works.

I get the "unlatched" warning constantly with no one in the middle seat, unless it's ALL the way back. My daughter likes to sit in the third row, and the seat all the way back is not comfortable even for a child. Why can't the middle row seats be left a little forward?

This feels like it may have to be a bug, I can't imagine it's supposed to work this way?

I actually appreciate that my Tesla isn't annoyingly chirpy. Given how reliable walk-away-locking is, I see no reason for the chirp.

That's called a conference call, with all phones connected to their cars via bluetooth.

it is nice that they aren't chirpy but this would be a nice feature to have and be able to enable/disable it for people like you who might not want it. to each their own! ;)

yes it is called a conference call hence why i said "...and you don't want to call people on their phones for some reason". but radio waves are free last i checked so what would Tesla have to pay for. my CB radio had a cost but it's free to use and would be perfect for something like this. it would be best built in to the car

but good thing they don't listen to us because they would never have a car. you can't please everyone.

Reactions: ccutrer
I agree with Jonman. Car wash mode with door auto present off and spoiler up would be great. Most of us handwash/spray our cars and I would love a one button tap for that. It could double as a garage mode as well.

Car unlock in my garage based on gps would be great. I go to the garage 3 times a week to get something out of the car only to realize the fob is back in the kitchen. Same gps would allow charging disconnect even without fob or unlock, as others have suggested.

Just give us a "beta" option panel with this stuff and chirps on lock, etc., that we can try out. Tesla can likely audit the use of this and then make features mainstream if they are popular. I realize there are likely alpha and beta testers for new features already out there but how about crowdsourcing some of this stuff to the rest of us. Anyone who buys a Tesla is likely a bit "techie" and "early adopter" and most of us get the concept of beta software.

Reactions: jonman and ccutrer
it is nice that they aren't chirpy but this would be a nice feature to have and be able to enable/disable it for people like you who might not want it. to each their own! ;)

yes it is called a conference call hence why i said "...and you don't want to call people on their phones for some reason". but radio waves are free last i checked so what would Tesla have to pay for. my CB radio had a cost but it's free to use and would be perfect for something like this. it would be best built in to the car

but good thing they don't listen to us because they would never have a car. you can't please everyone.
ah, I didn't think you meant literally put a CB in the car. I assumed you meant "do a software update to add this feature, with currently available hardware". and the only hardware that could support such a feature is the cellular data modem.

ah, I didn't think you meant literally put a CB in the car. I assumed you meant "do a software update to add this feature, with currently available hardware". and the only hardware that could support such a feature is the cellular data modem.

ah yeah... no not a software push with current tech. just using the existing hardware for CB tech but making it a much more sleek profile and more integrated into the car. it tends to look crazy with a CB in your vehicle and the mic hanging around being annoying. And then the antenna... another item to try and hide instead of sticking up 3-4 feet. Lol

I agree with Jonman. Car wash mode with door auto present off and spoiler up would be great. Most of us handwash/spray our cars and I would love a one button tap for that. It could double as a garage mode as well.

Car unlock in my garage based on gps would be great. I go to the garage 3 times a week to get something out of the car only to realize the fob is back in the kitchen. Same gps would allow charging disconnect even without fob or unlock, as others have suggested.

Just give us a "beta" option panel with this stuff and chirps on lock, etc., that we can try out. Tesla can likely audit the use of this and then make features mainstream if they are popular. I realize there are likely alpha and beta testers for new features already out there but how about crowdsourcing some of this stuff to the rest of us. Anyone who buys a Tesla is likely a bit "techie" and "early adopter" and most of us get the concept of beta software.

yeah just give us a trial run with our options. heck, just give us a giant list of options available for download if the current hardware would support it. i'm sure they would charge for something like that though.