Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software updates on 2024 X vs Model Y/3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the X being less mass market than the 3 and Y do you find that features and software on the X lag behind? Or is under the surface the development platform very close so in practice it gets updates as fast it's little brothers?

I'm wondering something similar, but I've only had my PX since Wednesday and my PY has had 3 updates this month.

PY just got 2024.2.7.
PX still on 2023.44.300.

So far all my previous Teslas ('18 LR3, '22 PY) have received updated by day 3 of a wide release, so hopefully that's the case with my PX.

I know, it often takes days to weeks for the first updates to start rolling out.

Why does the FSD trial delay the update?
Because FSD Beta is delivered on older versions of the software. Probably to reduce any issues created by changes other than FSD Beta. It is a whole lot easier to work on, if you know for sure FSD is the only thing that changed. Our Model X is on 2023.44.30.8, our Model 3 just got bumped to 2023.44.30.9 a couple of days ago.

With the X being less mass market than the 3 and Y do you find that features and software on the X lag behind? Or is under the surface the development platform very close so in practice it gets updates as fast it's little brothers?
No not at all lagging, just some HW4 limitations for the X currently.

5+ years with Model 3's since 2018.
2023 Model X since Nov. 2023 and been getting 1-2 Updates a month, same as before.

Just got SW 2024.2.7 the other day which is the latest of all public releases.

You can check the allocations of updates per vehicles on sites like TeslaFi.... Pool of about 20,000 world-wide owners so far. 👀