Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder Series - Facts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when we will see the MSRP list with options we selected?

There isn't a price list for the founder's edition. The car costs 115.5k, regardless of options. Which is why even though I want the 20's, I thought about ordering 22's and then selling them. But in the end I decided it wasn't worth the hassle, especially since the availability of the 20's as an accessory in January was questionable at best. The 22's come with summer performance tires. Not the best to take delivery with in the middle of winter.

There isn't a price list for the founder's edition. The car costs 115.5k, regardless of options. Which is why even though I want the 20's, I thought about ordering 22's and then selling them. But in the end I decided it wasn't worth the hassle, especially since the availability of the 20's as an accessory in January was questionable at best. The 22's come with summer performance tires. Not the best to take delivery with in the middle of winter.

Are you certain the 22s come standard with summer performance tires on the X? I asked my service center a couple of weeks ago for exact specs and have yet to hear back from them. Taking delivery beginning of winter is a major concern! Please share specs if you have some insights.

Are you certain the 22s come standard with summer performance tires on the X? I asked my service center a couple of weeks ago for exact specs and have yet to hear back from them. Taking delivery beginning of winter is a major concern! Please share specs if you have some insights.

I'm looking for a reference, but these are the tires on the 22" founder's cars delivered thus far:

Scorpionâ„¢ Zeroâ„¢ | Summer SUV Tires | Pirelli

It's confusing, because it's tagged as a summer tire but then in the description it says all season. I haven't looked for a tire rack review yet. Going to do that now.

cc93f47253cd319cb44eb493735eb53d.jpg

So here is what tirerack says:

Derived from Pirelli's legendary P Zero performance tires, the Scorpion Zero is a Street/Sport Truck All-Season tire for sport utility vehicles and pickup trucks. The Scorpion Zero was designed to provide year round traction and handling for drivers who operate their light truck vehicles primarily on-road in various weather conditions, including very occasional light snow.

Depending on tire size, the Scorpion Zero radial's tread compound is molded into a single Z or double Z (two rows of Z-shaped tread blocks situated side-by-side) intermediate tread blocks to provide responsive steering, along with enhanced cornering and braking capability. Lateral grooves and wide circumferential grooves provide water evacuation to resist hydroplaning and enhance wet weather traction. Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires combine high-speed precision with low noise levels.

---

So it appears to be an all-season, with the caveat that it's best for light occasional snow. I don't know what tire the 20's come with, so I can't compare. I had a terrible experience with the 21's on my S, and have been much happier with 19's, so I figured I'd try to learn from that experience and go with the smaller wheel and the larger profile tire on the X. YMMV. In fact it's possible Tesla is using the same tire for both sizes...

So here is what tirerack says:

Derived from Pirelli's legendary P Zero performance tires, the Scorpion Zero is a Street/Sport Truck All-Season tire for sport utility vehicles and pickup trucks. The Scorpion Zero was designed to provide year round traction and handling for drivers who operate their light truck vehicles primarily on-road in various weather conditions, including very occasional light snow.

Depending on tire size, the Scorpion Zero radial's tread compound is molded into a single Z or double Z (two rows of Z-shaped tread blocks situated side-by-side) intermediate tread blocks to provide responsive steering, along with enhanced cornering and braking capability. Lateral grooves and wide circumferential grooves provide water evacuation to resist hydroplaning and enhance wet weather traction. Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires combine high-speed precision with low noise levels.

---

So it appears to be an all-season, with the caveat that it's best for light occasional snow. I don't know what tire the 20's come with, so I can't compare. I had a terrible experience with the 21's on my S, and have been much happier with 19's, so I figured I'd try to learn from that experience and go with the smaller wheel and the larger profile tire on the X. YMMV. In fact it's possible Tesla is using the same tire for both sizes...

You had me at "All-Season" :biggrin: