Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder Series - Facts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pointing out the obvious - if every owner is calling every day, no one will get anything. All their time will be spent answering the phone.

The reality is that the DS would love to deliver every single car. It brings quarter delivery numbers up, it means happy customers (instead of terse communications), and makes money for the company.

So it's clearly not any individual DS holding things up. Everyone is experiencing the same delays.

Pointing out the obvious - if every owner is calling every day, no one will get anything. All their time will be spent answering the phone.

The reality is that the DS would love to deliver every single car. It brings quarter delivery numbers up, it means happy customers (instead of terse communications), and makes money for the company.

So it's clearly not any individual DS holding things up. Everyone is experiencing the same delays.

true it is not ds holding things up but if they get more involved things happen quicker IMHO

- - - Updated - - -

complain that your DS is not addressing your concerns and is not following up

A lot of Founders by Referral owners have posted over the last 6 weeks about their X's: DS reports "its in production"...They report its "out of paint"...They report that is shipped and should arrive on Monday..etc. etc. Says prep should take xx days

My DS has never reached out to me. When I call or email he has not heard anything about my X... a few weeks later "thinks its in production". over 2 weeks ago "he thinks its shipped" will look into it and get back to me when he knows... He as never gotten back to me. Has no idea when it shipped or when its suppose to arrive. I assume that all DS are not equal. Most seem to have real information or take the time to find out.

A lot of Founders by Referral owners have posted over the last 6 weeks about their X's: DS reports "its in production"...They report its "out of paint"...They report that is shipped and should arrive on Monday..etc. etc. Says prep should take xx days

My DS has never reached out to me. When I call or email he has not heard anything about my X... a few weeks later "thinks its in production". over 2 weeks ago "he thinks its shipped" will look into it and get back to me when he knows... He as never gotten back to me. Has no idea when it shipped or when its suppose to arrive. I assume that all DS are not equal. Most seem to have real information or take the time to find out.

Then call the delivery manager in your region and give them the feedback and ask for a new DS if you wish. I'm very disappointed with my experience thus far as well, but it really hasn't been the DS's fault. I honestly don't believe they have access to accurate and timely data like they do with the S. I wish they did. A little detailed communication would go a long way. I'm trying my best to stay patient, but my wife pokes me every day "so, where is my car, Mr. Tesla?"

It doesn't help that this is our third Tesla (I sold one) and in all three cases the delivery process was abnormal.

Then call the delivery manager in your region and give them the feedback and ask for a new DS if you wish. I'm very disappointed with my experience thus far as well, but it really hasn't been the DS's fault. I honestly don't believe they have access to accurate and timely data like they do with the S. I wish they did. A little detailed communication would go a long way. I'm trying my best to stay patient, but my wife pokes me every day "so, where is my car, Mr. Tesla?"

It doesn't help that this is our third Tesla (I sold one) and in all three cases the delivery process was abnormal.

forget deliv mgr your region go bright to national ds

How damaged was it? Nothing like a new car with mismatched paint or poor bodywork. My wife bought a "new" car once that after a few years, the body work was pretty obvious.

No idea how bad the damage is, he said a dent in the rear hatch. They are sending a whole new door. My question is will a car fax show that its had damage?

Is there any downside for taking delivery and then bringing it in for the new door when it arrives?

No idea how bad the damage is, he said a dent in the rear hatch. They are sending a whole new door. My question is will a car fax show that its had damage?

Is there any downside for taking delivery and then bringing it in for the new door when it arrives?

I would GUESS that it will not show on carfax since it is unlikely that Tesla will put in an insurance claim. Might want to discuss with Tesla some monetary compensation for the devaluation if it shows up on Carfax.

My advice is that you should never take delivery of a vehicle that doesn't meet your expectations at that time. Don't take delivery of a flawed vehicle with the promise of repair. I fully trust Tesla to make it right for you, but stay pragmatic in the face of your excitement.

It will not show up on carfax. Regular dealers fix issues with new cars before putting them on their lots all the time.

his car will sit for weeks, they could build a new one and ship it quicker.....

My advice is that you should never take delivery of a vehicle that doesn't meet your expectations at that time. Don't take delivery of a flawed vehicle with the promise of repair. I fully trust Tesla to make it right for you, but stay pragmatic in the face of your excitement.

Agree you should not take delivery unless 100% satisfied.

However, important to note that this is standard practice in the industry. I use to own a BMW and took it to the BMW certified repair shop after an accident. When I got there I was shocked to see so many new BMW's with the dealer sticker still on in the shop. when I spoke with my rep he told me they get dinged and damaged all the time during test drives and moving the vehicles so they have a steady flow and permanent contract.

What's worse is that when you buy a new car of the lot you have no idea (unless visible) whether or not the vehicle has been in an accident.