Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Frunk Strength?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's the only hood in the world with this problem, and it doesn't sound like it's fixed yet. A car ought to be capable of closing it's own hood, and well before its capable of driving itself.

I realize this owes to the implementation of a weather seal for the frunk, which is an important difference from other cars with engines in there to be kept cool. Points for that. But none for solving the problem of how to close it with a push button or at most a one hand drop.

It's the only hood in the world with this problem, and it doesn't sound like it's fixed yet. A car ought to be capable of closing it's own hood, and well before its capable of driving itself.

I realize this owes to the implementation of a weather seal for the frunk, which is an important difference from other cars with engines in there to be kept cool. Points for that. But none for solving the problem of how to close it with a push button or at most a one hand drop.

It's not.
All my Porsche 911 I've owned including my current one have the same lightweight aluminum frunk design and the same care needed to close it. Not a big deal.

I will note that my MX is easier to close than my old MS. Tesla did something different

Reactions: ThosEM
It's not. All my Porsche 911 I've owned including my current one have the same lightweight aluminum frunk design and the same care needed to close it. Not a big deal. I will note that my MX is easier to close than my old MS. Tesla did something different

Agree- acquaintances of mine who are Porsche aficionados have verified this.

It's not.
All my Porsche 911 I've owned including my current one have the same lightweight aluminum frunk design and the same care needed to close it. Not a big deal.

I will note that my MX is easier to close than my old MS. Tesla did something different

I stand corrected. It's one of two rear-drive brands with this problem. I am glad to hear it's less of an issue with the MX. Hoping to drop shut the M3 frunk...

Have new X delivered yesterday and an S that is a year old and the frunk on the X feels even flimsier than the S. I obsess with detailing both cars and just using a detail liquid and microfiber cloth makes me nervous on the X, as i feel the frunk metal as more flimsy than the S by far..................