Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Goes Faster Than 155MPH!?!?

Has your Model X been effected by this fast? or faster?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Life is a series of what thens. What if when someone is doing a sub 2.5 second ludicrous launch a child runs in front of the car? All we know is what the OP stated--that he was paying attention and watching for any other cars. The what ifs are irrelevant.

I sense you have a libertarian, free will bent. That's cool. Won't try to change your opinion. Instead, I will offer some advice -if not for you, then to those who might decide in reading your replies that the OP's actions aren't any worse than (fill in the blank), and therefore what's the big deal?

Thankfully we have laws that are written for safety of the majority. Good luck trying to convince a judge that driving at 155 Mph is in anyway reasonable. Or that by comparing it to texting at 55mph or accelerating at track speeds, it is somehow lessened in its severity. I've been to enough traffic courts to tell you that it would be an incendiary defense resulting in a far harsher judgment.

But hey, it's a free country (grateful for that), do as you like.

I sense you have a libertarian, free will bent. That's cool. Won't try to change your opinion. Instead, I will offer some advice -if not for you, then to those who might decide in reading your replies that the OP's actions aren't any worse than (fill in the blank), and therefore what's the big deal?

Thankfully we have laws that are written for safety of the majority. Good luck trying to convince a judge that driving at 155 Mph is in anyway reasonable. Or that by comparing it to texting at 55mph or accelerating at track speeds, it is somehow lessened in its severity. I've been to enough traffic courts to tell you that it would be an incendiary defense resulting in a far harsher judgment.

But hey, it's a free country (grateful for that), do as you like.

Gee, thanks for giving me permission...

And I didn't say driving 155+ is reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.