Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Goes Faster Than 155MPH!?!?

Has your Model X been effected by this fast? or faster?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We DO NOT need software to limit speed. Rather we need people who are responsible adults.

The OP stated that he has training in high speed driving and was driving on a road that was about as empty as roads get. So if that's not the right circumstance to drive at the speed the manufacturer designed the car to achieve, what would be? Even a race track wouldn't give you enough room to hit 155+ mph.

I'd rather have a trained driver doing 155+ passing me on the freeway than someone texting and not paying attention driving at 55 mph...

Here's his VIN from one of his other Youtube videos... also, based on his videos he seems to be located in or near Ohio.
Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 8.36.08 PM.png

I'd rather have a trained driver doing 155+ passing me on the freeway than someone texting and not paying attention driving at 55 mph...

Really? Incredibly short sighted. He’s passing multiple vehicles. What if the one texting is going so slow that the one behind him decided to pass, glances in his mirror and sees there is room to pull out, given there is an empty lane except for a car way back in the lane. You know, people are not good at judging speeds and closing rates. In fact, few even try, they just pull out. What then?

Also, distracted drivers texting are usually all over the road. It doesn’t take but a fraction af a second to have a major accident.

The OP stated that he has training in high speed driving and was driving on a road that was about as empty as roads get. So if that's not the right circumstance to drive at the speed the manufacturer designed the car to achieve, what would be? Even a race track wouldn't give you enough room to hit 155+ mph.

Road was not anywhere near empty - watched the video multiple times. Cars, vans, trucks, including a tanker were on the road. Professional drivers would not defend this behavior. We had an incident locally where a driver in a bmw (dont remember model) was doing 125 and a car moved into his lane. BMW hit the brakes but still hit it and killed 3 of 4 in the car - a mother, father, and one child, leaving the other child hurt and without a family. Driver went to jail. Two wrongs don't make a right as they say. Stupid is stupid, or in this case reckless is reckless. Am glad I don't live near Mink Street interchange in Ohio.

Both of those situations can kill someone. I would expect a trained person to know what variables they could control and what variables are outside of their control. People don't expect to be over taken with a 100 mph difference so if someone was going to change lanes and they glanced back and saw his car off in the distance (without just staring at it) they could assume that it would be safe to change lanes when they are just a couple seconds away from an accident.

Every other driver on the road could have easily caused an accident from their bad driving (just imagine of one of them was dicking around with their phone while driving) which would have caused massive problems to this jackass or his passenger (was that a kid in the seat behind him?)

Also this guy was using his phone while doing 150 mph+ I also doubt his "training" was for that speed on the highway while making YouTube videos.

Reactions: DrivingTheFuture

I have been trying to resist posting in this thread, but I feel the need to respond to this. The right place is a race track or a salt flat as mentioned previously in this thread. A public road is absolutely *not* the right place to be doing this. The road was definitely not clear as he passed a number of cars in the video, and even if the road appeard clear, once you start covering more than 200 feet every second you’re very quickly going to come up to road that you weren’t able to see ahead of time. You could easily come around a corner or crest a hill and discover a car moving traveling 100 miles an hour *slower* than you dead ahead. This has nothing to do with the speed the manufacturer designed the car to achieve. The issue is that traveling at 2 and a half times the legal speed limit on a public road is reckless and dangerous.

One of the first things that you are taught in high speed driving courses is to keep both hands on the wheel. Given that he was using one hand to hold a cell phone and video this while he was driving at 155 miles an hour tells me that either he has not had any training or he chose to pay no attention to what he was told during the training. And frankly, trying to record video and drive with one hand at 155mph is probably little better than texting and driving at 55mph.

Last edited:
Bravo to all the sleuths!!! :eek::oops:

I apologize for the *sugar*-storm I've started, it's about time this forum had any content worth discussing, and i mean it, this is worth discussing...!

Like @Eclectic says there's no race track where this car could get to this speed, (the fastest a turbo 911 can go down the straight at the Mid-Ohio Race Car Course is 180mph), and i haven't had a chance to price out rental of an airstrip, but I do know of a well maintained long runway at the abandoned DHL hub in Wilmington OH...? Perhaps some of us can arrange a day there...?

@Canuck I appreciate your concern, but please mind your own business, in your own country...i take your anger to heart and will seek a better solution going forward... in the meantime enjoy Bjorn doing the same thing past cars in the right lane, etc...

@outdoors you can see that i'm a redneck and you know what ccw means, not a good choice to do what you suggested, and not what you were taught in ccw class, if you went...

And to all who are pissed and want me off the road, i do feel like a fool, please stop going out of your way to destroy me. @outdoors, @DrivingTheFuture & @Canuck put yourself in my shoes, is this what you would want to happen to yourself? and don't answer too quickly...

no one was hurt this time and you won't have to worry about it going forward...i promise.

Last edited:
Really? Incredibly short sighted. He’s passing multiple vehicles. What if the one texting is going so slow that the one behind him decided to pass, glances in his mirror and sees there is room to pull out, given there is an empty lane except for a car way back in the lane. You know, people are not good at judging speeds and closing rates. In fact, few even try, they just pull out. What then?

Also, distracted drivers texting are usually all over the road. It doesn’t take but a fraction af a second to have a major accident.

Life is a series of what thens. What if when someone is doing a sub 2.5 second ludicrous launch a child runs in front of the car? All we know is what the OP stated--that he was paying attention and watching for any other cars. The what ifs are irrelevant.

And to all who are pissed and want me off the road, i do feel like a fool, please stop going out of your way to destroy me. @outdoors & @Canuck put yourself in my shoes, is this what you would want to happen to yourself? and don't answer too quickly...

no one was hurt this time and you won't have to worry about it going forward...i promise.

I don’t think anyone was specifically intending to destroy you. However, from your previous posts it didn’t seem clear that you understood the risks that you were taking or the fact that you were putting other lives in danger. There is a reason that what you did is illegal and I believe the thought was that by getting the authorities involved you may be more likely to understand the gravity of the situation.

I certainly believe in second chances and I believe that people can learn from their mistakes and it sounds like that may be what happened here. It takes a strong person to admit that they were wrong and I do appreciate the fact that you indicate that you will not recklessly put people’s lives at risk again.

And to all who are pissed and want me off the road, i do feel like a fool, please stop going out of your way to destroy me. @outdoors & @Canuck put yourself in my shoes, is this what you would want to happen to yourself? and don't answer too quickly...

Thanks for listening to and heeding our concerns. You have an exceedingly fun vehicle that's a hoot to drive even without putting anybody at risk.

@Canuck I appreciate your concern, but please mind your own business, in your own country...

So if a child is being molested in Ohio I should mind my own business? Never.

My wife was driving in the States today but even beyond that I care for each and every American like I do my fellow Canadian. The danger you showed in your video, playing with your phone at 155mph+ is beyond mind boggling. And the people who give a pass to driving 155 mph on public roads are defending the undefendable. But I guess that's not surprising these days.

In any event, I'm far from convinced you won't do it again and I've got you narrowed down with the help of many here -- thanks to all who have PM'd me and there were a lot with very good info.

• Love
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
All we know is what the OP stated--that he was paying attention and watching for any other cars. The what ifs are irrelevant.

And you blindly believe he was paying attention to the road, when it appeared more than once he repositioned the phone to make sure the IC was center frame of the video. That requires looking at the phone, not the road, at 150+ MPH...

Status
Not open for further replies.