Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X in Canada - Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your kids are older than mine. Don't you think this will get dirty easily? With the premium package with perforated leather crumble and stuff getting in holes.. Wife want the white seats but I don't know.. My baby car seat protector are also black so the 2nd row seats will be hidden under that. I bought them after removing the seats from my S the first time, the baby seat left deep marks in the leather but with the mats it's fine.

Your kids are older than mine. Don't you think this will get dirty easily? With the premium package with perforated leather crumble and stuff getting in holes.. Wife want the white seats but I don't know.. My baby car seat protector are also black so the 2nd row seats will be hidden under that. I bought them after removing the seats from my S the first time, the baby seat left deep marks in the leather but with the mats it's fine.

3 years old lady, 5 years old boy and 9 years old boy.

Elon Musk himself stated in a tweet that white vegan seat where much easier to clean than leather seats. That's what convinced me ... I trust Elon.

I picked my X in Montreal yesterday , with my family and all my bags ready to start right a away a 450km leg of road trip.

That car is simply the best car in the world. I haven't seen nothing close, or getting close.

EV Range:
The range was great ! Was trying to be driving slower than usual, I had a 320km wood road without any charger (and signal), but the nav is so great at estimating the %left at arrival, I have been able to safely know that I could just drive normally (and pass whenever required) without range issue.

Montreal delivery Team:
Having a delivery on a Holiday + the car perfect + fully charge for a road trip = Best possible delivery experience I could have imagined

Montreal DS full of X to deliver ... some pictures:
View attachment 182641 View attachment 182639

Congratulations!

I have to echo the sentiment of what a great crowd the Montreal team are. I was very well treated in all respects and given ample time to chat with anyone I needed to.

The car is fantastic. Nothing of concern, all details were fine. Anxiously waiting for it to be delivered to NL now.

Nice to meet several other owners today. My car is the Sig red in your pictures.

Enjoy everyone,

Jon

• Informative
Reactions: Gymee
Jon, happy to hear your delivery experience was a good one. I hope to share that sentiment some day soon.

Dakkor, I have a 2 year old, and 3 year old and a newborn due this fall. I went with ultra white and had some concerns but there are plenty of people in a similar position in the US and so far I have yet to read that a single one of them regrets their decision. It hasn't been that long though I suppose...

Reactions: Martin VanB and Jon
Tessa Charge.png
Nice meeting you today @Jon Hope your X has a speedy journey home.

We took a detour through Cornwall on the way home to try out a supercharger. Home now and charging

I have to say, this car is mind blowing! I showed it to family yesterday and everyone just couldn't believe how awesome it is.

I was also very happy with the Montreal team and my delivery. Tesla is not very good at communicating, but in the end, they put every right and created a loyal customer, fan and admirer. I think I have already sold a few friends too.

Will never buy another ice car again.

Is anyone finding the insurance high? I'm being quoted higher than my model S, possibly around $2500 per year. I guess I can only really compare with Alberta owners though.
Just met Ron with his signature X in Edmonton...awesome vehicle.. inquired about Insurance after seeing your post, he is under 1,000/-(TD) this is his third vehicle and other factors add up as @Calgary mentions. I had called TD earlier they have asked me to call back when I have a delivery date. $2500 sucks...

Insurance for Model X In Canada

• Informative
Reactions: Zapped
Yes, funnily enough I asked "Zapped" the same question. I have two cars and a motorcycle, I'm similar age to Ron and I currently have no demerits and no at fault accident. I did have hail damage last year though.
My model S is about $1364 per year so a $2500 quote for the X was a bit of a surprise. I'm still having my agent investigate further. This is using Aviva, 2,000,000 liability and 1,000 deductibles.