Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X January 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was the cause of the delay? I ordered on Nov 3rd and wanted a Feb 2017 delivery but in the end I got a Late December 2016 delivery instead.

Sorry, did not see your question... The delay was I originally ordered the car with the standard coil suspension but since Tesla took like 5 months to decide they were canceling the coil offering which just dragged out order, production and the delivery forever. Car FINALLY arrived 72 hours ago by transport to our home along with a DS to walk us through everything. Car was missing its towing hardware as well as had no windshield washer fluiid. Fit and finish was very good however... Just a handful of minor items.

What on earth is taking so long? Are they carrying it (the windshield) from Fremont on foot?
Hopefully, a little faster than that...horse & carriage perhaps?? ;) Seriously though, this is absolutely absurd! I read somewhere on this site about someone who went through the same thing. I'm telling you, they're having serious issues with those windshields and they aren't really confessing to it. I got so used to driving the Model S that I actually like it a little better than the X now. Mark my words, they will redesign the X VERY soon. It's all in the way that giant windshield is angled. They just didn't get it right and it will never work. The ghosting is worse when you focus above the rearview mirror. I know because I'm now driving a loaner X. Driving it has grown on me like a fungus but that ghosting is atrocious! Seriously Tesla, c'mon man!

Hopefully, a little faster than that...horse & carriage perhaps?? ;) Seriously though, this is absolutely absurd! I read somewhere on this site about someone who went through the same thing. I'm telling you, they're having serious issues with those windshields and they aren't really confessing to it. I got so used to driving the Model S that I actually like it a little better than the X now. Mark my words, they will redesign the X VERY soon. It's all in the way that giant windshield is angled. They just didn't get it right and it will never work. The ghosting is worse when you focus above the rearview mirror. I know because I'm now driving a loaner X. Driving it has grown on me like a fungus but that ghosting is atrocious! Seriously Tesla, c'mon man!

You should call them and say "You know what, I'm having second thoughts about this car. What's the process to cancel?" and see if the windshield doesn't magically appear. :p

A colleague who ordered his X in late November took delivery just under a month later...which seems really fast (it took three months for mine). That said, he has since brought his X to a Service Center to address a number of issues that appear to have resulted from rushed production. I am not sure I would apply any pressure to get a Tesla, especially a Model X, delivered any faster than it takes...

• Informative
Reactions: mmd

cancel the order and take the 2,500 dollar cancellation hit?

I ordered first week of January so just a week ago and my status is

Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory.

and the vin has been assigned first three are also 5YJ

I don't know what the next step is or if more details are provided before its "ready"?

Greetings! With all that has transpired, I would normally stay quiet until actually taking delivery but I will go ahead and let all of you know that I saw my Model X today (WITH A WINDSHIELD!!!!) and I am pretty stoked about it!! I absolutely melted when I stood before it in the garage but when I went to take a photo, I was politely asked not to do so. For the record, until today when I actually received an invite, I was very aggressive (while still polite) about getting into the garage to see my Model X without the windshield. I took pictures that they don't know I took but I was unable to sneak one today. I just don't want to share them publicly and get anyone in trouble. I will finally be taking delivery on Monday. I will update again but I can tell you that I inspected the car once again and it appears to be perfect, FWDs & all. We'll see how well it goes through the rest of the checklist. Also, for anyone awaiting delivery in Atlanta or Decatur, GA, I saw the delivery truck today. Here are a couple of pics to show what it was carrying. Mainly Model Ss

Attachments

• IMG_9405.JPG
    IMG_9405.JPG
    410 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9407.JPG
    IMG_9407.JPG
    369.5 KB · Views: 67