Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Display/dash integration

The main display is integrated into the dash quite nicely.

vlcsnap-2015-05-10-01h56m01s233.jpg
vlcsnap-2015-05-10-01h50m41s245.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The nosecone can be seen a little better, but nothing new is revealed there, the windows and Falcon Wing door seem to have a better fit in this vehicle.

vlcsnap-2015-05-10-02h03m Cropped.jpg
vlcsnap-2015-05-10cropped.jpg

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2015-05-10-01h50m41s245.png
    vlcsnap-2015-05-10-01h50m41s245.png
    808.9 KB · Views: 1,123
Very pleased with what I've seen in this video. My notes -

* Tow hitch clearly visible.

* rear window does not go extend all the way to the end of the car, it's a conventional rear top lip/spoiler.

* The rear right signal glass has a small rectangular feature on the side of the car, not covered by the blackouts... wonder what that is...

* The falcon wing door is closing snugly! But - the handle is a teeny bit lower than the handle on the right-front door. I hope they can fix that sort of fit-and-finish polish.

* For a split second you can see the front interior roof of the car appears to have a very clear, glass-like reflection of the left A-pillar. Is this the "continuous" windshield-to-roof glass roof? I'm still not sure I believe it anyway... can't imagine it helping rollover crash protection to have no crossbar at the front of the roof... but at the end of the video it doesn't look taped in any way on the outside, it looks like continuous glass.

* Appears to be conventional interior rear-view mirror. That is still something that is removable in a car to fool onlookers... but perhaps it is an option you can order or delete. Also, with Autopilot there is a desire for a lot of camera hardware in that exact spot on the windshield, so you may as well put a mirror on it as the hardware isn't going away and it'll always obscure your view.

* You can see that the touchscreen does not protrude over the lip of the dashboard, as it did in the initial prototype. (looks nicer)

* Interior dash seems very Tesla-family-similar to Model S... (why wouldn't it be)

* Wing mirror appears to be bog-standard Model S... couldn't see anything fancy on it re: cameras etc. - perhaps it's either old style mirrors or cameras in the Design Studio

* Rear and front right mudguards no longer appear to have any small square functional parts at the very top centers like the beta cars did (e.g. camera) - perhaps these are now better-disguised in the final car? e.g. facing downwards and not visible from the side? (how much would mud & muck get on them...?)

* Driver has pleasure outpacing the camera car... so much so that he has to press the brakes! Very common problem in a Tesla, LOL

* Roofline over rear window is reminiscient of Porsche Panamera, i.e., somewhat ungainly but provides for decent 3rd row headroom inside.

* Fit and finish on the closed falcon wing door still isn't perfect. It appears to be high at the rear of the door (check rear left mudguard line) and low at the front (check handle lines w/ front door), but I think it's within normal auto manufacturing limits, i.e. totally forgivable, and certainly wouldn't stop me from wanting the car :)

* After getting that decent look at the front, I now think it is unchanged substantially from the prototype... the nose cone (that I happen to like) is still there... it's basically the Tesla Family frontal style.

Last edited:
The front looks short, I mean short like shorter then other SUVs do this.
Sure, because they don't need an ICE inside, but still needs a bit of time to adapt to this new possible design that EVs can provide.

If tesla where totally crazy, they could have redesigned it totally, but then lost 90%of the buyers.

Someone mentioned the beluga wale. Considering of airstream, weren't the baddest idea thinking of range. But that would have been a mess in the press.��

So, as they said, one or two major innovations each new model is enough.

Some screens:

SC-2015-05-10-15h08m44s248c.jpg
SC-2015-05-10-15h15m11s902.jpg
SC-2015-05-10-15h15m29s250.jpg
SC-2015-05-10-15h15m49s280a.jpg
SC-2015-05-10-15h15m49s280b.jpg
side5.JPG

Last edited:
This is a great video, thanks! I do like how Tesla has integrated the center touch panel and driver's instrument cluster :biggrin:

No surprise that the Model X could quickly jet away from the camera car, which by the looks of the steering wheel and manual shifter in the center stack, is a boxy Honda Element:biggrin:

Very pleased with what I've seen in this video. My notes -

* Wing mirror appears to be bog-standard Model S... couldn't see anything fancy on it re: cameras etc. - perhaps it's either old style mirrors or cameras in the Design Studio

It looks on the picture like the camera is in front of and slightly below the wing mirrors. I wouldn't be surprised if the physical wing mirrors are just attached due to law rather than them actually needing to be here.

Can anyone can spot the small screens on the steering wheel, or if they went to the Model S wheel?
You can't really tell in this video, but in previous spy shots it appears to be the same as Model S and not the prototype. The whole dashboard looks like a carbon copy of Model S now, which may not be as cool as the prototype but will simplify production and parts differentiation.