Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was very surprised to see the Model X plugged in and Covered with a car cover that was obviously custom made to fit the Model X. There were at least 4 guys, very young eating next to the covered Model X and a gray Model S also charging. What are the chances of showing up at this supercharger and finding this happening. I take it as a sign I needed to keep the faith. Not sure what they were doing in Petaluma on a Saturday.

I saw them there Saturday also. Took a couple pix as they left but none up close. Is it cool to post them? Just some shots from the back. Didn't want to incur any wrath. It's an imposing rear end. Loved the custom car cover. It even seals the car side plug from rain (if we ever get any more). The crew was definitely chowing down on junk food. The Petaluma charger has quite an assortment to choose from. There was a number 35 on the driver's side by the window. All the windows were blacked out. Glad to see this in road test mode but so happy I bought my S 2 years ago and didn't wait for the X.

I saw them there Saturday also. Took a couple pix as they left but none up close. Is it cool to post them? Just some shots from the back. Didn't want to incur any wrath. It's an imposing rear end. Loved the custom car cover. It even seals the car side plug from rain (if we ever get any more). The crew was definitely chowing down on junk food. The Petaluma charger has quite an assortment to choose from. There was a number 35 on the driver's side by the window. All the windows were blacked out. Glad to see this in road test mode but so happy I bought my S 2 years ago and didn't wait for the X.

poooooost!

By all means post. Nothing wrong with posting a photo taken in a public place.

poidh.gif

I can't tell the size, but they do look huge. That's not an SUV tire profile. That said, easy enough to go aftermarket rims if they don't offer something more to our liking.
I have no doubt the standard wheels will be a more typical 19"-20". We've seen several different wheel styles on the mules already of which I expect most if not all to be selections on the production model, although perhaps not in the same colors.

I have no doubt the standard wheels will be a more typical 19"-20". We've seen several different wheel styles on the mules already of which I expect most if not all to be selections on the production model, although perhaps not in the same colors.

Who knows, maybe that mule is testing various size wheels [this one being the largest] for performance, handling and general usage... one of the final 'nuances' Elon spoke about at the shareholder meeting.

Who knows, maybe that mule is testing various size wheels [this one being the largest] for appearance, appearance, and looks ... one of the final 'nuances' Elon spoke about at the shareholder meeting.

Fixed.

I do love the way the 21s look, but there's no performance reason to have them. Anything bigger I am sure is worse.

I think the jury is still out on whether these wheels actually are bigger than 21s. The next time someone sees a mule (esp parked) it would be great if you could try and peep the tire code...

Fixed.

I do love the way the 21s look, but there's no performance reason to have them. Anything bigger I am sure is worse.

I think the jury is still out on whether these wheels actually are bigger than 21s. The next time someone sees a mule (esp parked) it would be great if you could try and peep the tire code...
The Model X that I saw at the Petaluma supercharger did not look like it had 21's, and I was not able to look at the tire size. It was hard to judge the wheel size because the body size was fairly large.