Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BHUtopia: Thank you very much for sharing! Much appreciated.

All *I* have is my mock-up. But at least it is red. ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=84516&d=1434664561.jpg

[Concept] Model X image without nose-cone and A pillar cross-beam - Page 2

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the doors go further back on the roofline/wheel arch on the leaked pictures we've been seeing than they did on the prototypes. (The door opening overall could still be shorter if the wheelbase is a bunch shorter, but I don't think that's happening. I don't think.) The doors also appear to have a single latch at the center bottom like a rear hatch instead of the pair at the front and rear near the beltline that the prototypes had.
Walter

True. Clearly the rear segment is taller and the falcon wings extend further over the rear wheel in the 2015 mules, than in the 2012-2013 prototype(s). Although I must add of wheelbase, there was some information/speculation back in the day that the 2012-2013 Model X prototype had slightly longer wheelbase than Model S - and that the mule/production Model X would be back down to Model S wheelbase. So, it could be a little shorter and the rear shape/door length changed to accommodate.

For interested here is the comparison:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/47487-How-much-has-Model-X-changed-mule-(2015)-vs-prototype-(2012)-silhouette

To me that first one is the most enlightening picture so far. It really gives perspective on the size and shape of the Model X.
Thank you for posting that!

This was my first thought as well. It's the first time I've seen a photo really showing how big it is. Not just the total height but also the ground clearance compared to the S.

I agree.

The added height of Model X since the 2012-2013 prototype(s) really show in this side-by-side shot.

The Model X looks absolutely huge.

This was my first thought as well. It's the first time I've seen a photo really showing how big it is. Not just the total height but also the ground clearance compared to the S.

Pretty consistent with this picture which has been around for a long time. Of course you can make pictures reflect pretty much anything you want but nevertheless it appears fairly close to today's real life picture.
side by side.PNG

Pretty consistent with this picture which has been around for a long time. Of course you can make pictures reflect pretty much anything you want but nevertheless it appears fairly close to today's real life picture.
View attachment 84572

That is of course a known picture. But the real-life photo (instead of a PR Photoshop like that) and a daytime look at the new taller-looking frame of the 2015 Model X mules next to a Model S really helps more.

- - - Updated - - -

brucet999: FYI, those sightings are not new - they were the second 2015 sighting early this year. Some speculated them being staged due to what looks like a Model X parked on the middle of the road.

Of course later Jersey Girl offered a plausible explanation why a Model X might be parked in the middle of the road (being loaded to truck), so one never knows. :)

- - - Updated - - -

MichaelJ: Thanks for sharing!

Parking at the Supercharger with opposite side port, eh? ;) (No I don't really think so. Just a funny note.)