Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brian (TslaUp) on StockTwits
stream_38521486.png
stream_38521727.png
stream_38521839.png

Thank you for sharing the sighting.

This Model X mule has a multitude of cameras on top of its front window we have seen before:

Model X mule(s) show signs of nVidia Tegra X1 Drive PX platform - no rear mirror! - Page 12

What I thought was interesting is that in addition to the four across the top of the windshield, there appears to be a pair of sensors at the top of the turn signal/fog light cut out, which look more permanent than the windshield ones.

(More obvious in the original image: http://charts.stocktwits.com/production/original_38521727.png?1434731133 )

Is it asking too much for someone to just walk up to it, grab the black masking across the front, then pull? Snap a quick pic then RUN! Then post, of course. :biggrin:

What I'd settle for are some high-res versions of these latest pictures!

I can't believe we have such amazing close-up angles of a Model X with cameras and whatnot showing, and then the quality is a high-compressed, low-res image, not enough to analyze any details.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative. I do appreciate it. But if anyone knows/can help/gets a chance how to get high-res images, it does help analysis immensely. :)

Not grand but something.View attachment 84513

I really appreciate this photo because it shows the difference in heights between the Model S and Model X. Rear seat headroom is one shortcoming of Model S, and it seems pretty clear that the second row occupants of Model X will enjoy similar headroom to occupants in the front row.

that picture from behind makes it look a lot like a Prius, hope that isn't the case.

There are going to be some similarities in shape due to the demands of aerodynamics, but I doubt that Model X will be mistaken for a Prius. Tesla's rear tail lights are pretty distinctive.

Apple did it (everyone's got a "camera" in their pocket). Mpixels aren't enough... You need good optics too, and a steady hand.

True in general and some times in practice too of course, but in this case, higher-res would help unless the camera was a dumb phone or old Blackberry. The shots have probably been resized and compressed by the social media site instead. From the originals we could learn a lot more...

One could of course think planted images would be low-res but I agree with the common TMC hypothesis that only the first harbour drive and black mules from around January were planted (to take the edge of from future real sightings probably and to get some buzz). Later ones are probably bad quality just for human reasons.

I really appreciate this photo because it shows the difference in heights between the Model S and Model X. Rear seat headroom is one shortcoming of Model S, and it seems pretty clear that the second row occupants of Model X will enjoy similar headroom to occupants in the front row.

There are going to be some similarities in shape due to the demands of aerodynamics, but I doubt that Model X will be mistaken for a Prius. Tesla's rear tail lights are pretty distinctive.

Agreed!