Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X October Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our model x had estimated delivery 9.30
Then we were told that there were problems with the type approval of the vehicle. This information came via FB from another model x60D own.
Monday after we got the message from a generic website that our car was registered. The following day we went to the delivery center for the handover of the car.
Then we were told that the car had a crack in the windshield. It had been discovered a week ago. New windshield was ordered but was crushed.
Yet another windshield was ordered and took four weeks delivery.
Now our car is at the servicecenter collecting dust.
Much frustration here, I can tell.
In the period we booked the car, the DS has just handed us generic answers on email.
Tesla has a lot to learn on communication.

Hmm ... I wonder what the new line could be making. Maybe the Europeans really do have a lot of orders. Maybe a body shape improvement. Maybe AP2.0 hardware. Maybe early Model 3 assembly line runs. Maybe a complete factory reorganization in order to do everything they said they're going to be doing for the Model 3. Maybe some combination of all the above.

It occurs to me as I write this that I have zero insight into Asian markets. I wonder why?!

Long time reader, first time poster.. :)
Mine went into production this week. VIN 18xxx. Confirmed August 3rd. Felt about time after reading about cars ordered and delivered in September with VIN numbers way higher than mine. I think they pushed out American cars in September to boost Q3 numbers. Now they produce European cars. This car is going to Norway.

Reactions: esk8mw
Since Tesla appears to be stock market-driven lately (see Q3 production rush), it makes sense for them to build cars with longer transit times earlier in the quarter. This way those cars can be delivered before the quarter ends and count toward Q4 numbers. I'm not surprised the few people reporting their cars are in production are in places far away from CA/overseas.

Long time reader, first time poster.. :)
Mine went into production this week. VIN 18xxx. Confirmed August 3rd. Felt about time after reading about cars ordered and delivered in September with VIN numbers way higher than mine. I think they pushed out American cars in September to boost Q3 numbers. Now they produce European cars. This car is going to Norway.

Congratulations and welcome to TMC from another newbie! :)

Our model x had estimated delivery 9.30
Then we were told that there were problems with the type approval of the vehicle. This information came via FB from another model x60D own.
Monday after we got the message from a generic website that our car was registered. The following day we went to the delivery center for the handover of the car.
Then we were told that the car had a crack in the windshield. It had been discovered a week ago. New windshield was ordered but was crushed.
Yet another windshield was ordered and took four weeks delivery.
Now our car is at the servicecenter collecting dust.
Much frustration here, I can tell.
In the period we booked the car, the DS has just handed us generic answers on email.
Tesla has a lot to learn on communication.

We, too, were supposed to take delivery 9/27 but a cracked windshield was discovered day of. Fortunately, delivery and installation for the new windshield didn't take 4 weeks. We now take delivery Wednesday 10/12. I was frustrated by our DS's communication but it was more the lack of vs generic answers.. They have since become more responsive, I'm assuming due to September deliveries being finished and having more time on their hands.

I got the VIN today and the estimated delivery between late Feb-march 2017?!

Your Tesla has been assigned its Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 25xxx. You can also find your VIN in My Tesla, should you need it for insurance or finalizing your payment plan.

We estimate that your vehicle will be ready for delivery between Late February, 2017 - March, 2017. Before delivery, please review your:
PAYMENT PLAN
Questions? Check out our FAQ page.

Thank you,
Your Tesla Delivery Team

Wow! Where is the car's destination?

Your Tesla has been assigned its Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 25xxx. You can also find your VIN in My Tesla, should you need it for insurance or finalizing your payment plan.

We estimate that your vehicle will be ready for delivery between Late February, 2017 - March, 2017. Before delivery, please review your:
PAYMENT PLAN

Thank you,
Your Tesla Delivery Team

PAYMENT PLAN

Thank you,
Your Tesla Delivery Team

Did you do any sort of delayed delivery request when you confirmed? Otherwise, call Tesla to see what's up.
Now, if it is a 5-seat arrangement, that's not unusual.