Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • I have software version 2021.36.8.10 (FSD Beta v.10.6.1) and own an early 2021 Model X LR + (5-searer).

• I am waiting for 2021.44.25.6 (v.10.8), which I hope will provide an FSD Beta version that does not try to kill me, with added features that non-FSD Beta cars have already enjoyed for several weeks/months (e.g., Navigation waypoints, blind spot camera views, live camera access, and information about CCS adapter compatibility).

• I developed Post #1 of Trying to Make Sense... in order to try to better understand the whole Tesla software download thing.

• While my initial impulse is to be impatient and annoyed that so far I've received no invitation to download the holiday software release, I rationalize that there must be some valid reason that Model X have been excluded from the latest FSD Beta (2021.44.25.6) and non-FSD Beta (2021.44.25.2) roll-outs, right?

• Furthermore, I am not thrilled with some of the apparent visual changes reported to be coming with the new software versions.

• So, for now, I am trying to adopt the attitude, "be careful what you wish for." This Model X-specific software download delay may be a blessing in disguise for Model X owners.

• Perhaps Model X will begin to receive the roll-outs after the other three models. (After all, Model X got the light show last year.) Or, it could be that due to some Model X-specific issue subsequent revised software versions will be necessary for our cars. (I note that some of the promised new features will only apply to refreshed Model S and X.)
At least we aren’t singled out 👍 I put off a road trip for the nav waypoints, hoping for more freedom to detour without fear of bricking the car.

• ...I rationalize that there must be some valid reason that Model X have been excluded from the latest FSD Beta (2021.44.25.6) and non-FSD Beta (2021.44.25.2) roll-outs, right?...

Ah, ha! DriveMe (Post #6 at Did anyone not get the update?) and dmurphy (Post 22 at Anyone Get The Holiday Update?) have provided a very simple and logical reason for the Models S and X software roll-out delays: it's likely the portrait center display found in all pre-refresh Models S & X not yet being compatible with the new software design. Having rational reason makes me feel better. Tesla will work on it and we will get the software update(s) later. But why didn't I think of that? (Makes perfect sense. The vast majority of Tesla cars now use a landscape center display. Tesla will get it straightened out eventually.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dcam
...Tesla will work on it and we will get the software update(s) later...

Sooner than I thought. Teslascope and Teslafi report that a small number (4) of pre-refresh Model X have started to receive the latest (non-FSD Beta) 2021.44.25.2 update in Germany and the USA. Maybe twice that many pre-refresh Model S worldwide are getting it, also. So, perhaps it won't be that much longer for (FSD Beta) 2021.44.25.6 to start downloaded to pre-refresh Models S and X?

Ah, ha! DriveMe (Post #6 at Did anyone not get the update?) and dmurphy (Post 22 at ) have provided a very simple and logical reason for the Models S and X software roll-out delays: it's likely the portrait center display found in all pre-refresh Models S & X not yet being compatible with the new software design. Having rational reason makes me feel better. Tesla will work on it and we will get the software update(s) later. But why didn't I think of that? (Makes perfect sense. The vast majority of Tesla cars now use a landscape center display. tesla will get it straightened out eventually.)

All I wanted for Christmas was waypoints lol

Just got V11 today with FSD Beta. My safety score is 97~98.
20211228_141313.jpg20211228_141408.jpg20211228_141418.jpg

Sooner than I thought. Teslascope and Teslafi report that a small number (4) of pre-refresh Model X have started to receive the latest (non-FSD Beta) 2021.44.25.2 update in Germany and the USA. Maybe twice that many pre-refresh Model S worldwide are getting it, also. So, perhaps it won't be that much longer for (FSD Beta) 2021.44.25.6 to start downloaded to pre-refresh Models S and X?

FSD Beta releases are happening today as well.

No fears!! No need to panic - Model X is getting plenty of love here. We’re just letting the 3/Y owners beta-test for us. ;-)

(I’ve got one foot in each pool, as it were! So I get the best — and worst — of both the vertical and horizontal screen worlds. ;-)

Just found invite to download 2021.44.25.6 (w/FSD Beta v10.8) on my early 2021 (“legacy”) Model X. Not thrilled with all the reported new changes, and I won’t get Blind Side video or SM Live video (per Tesla.com), but I want the latest FSD Beta. So what to do?

Actually, I find the new changes quite good on the X. Things like Homelink and profile settings and all retain their position.

That was my major complaint on model 3’s refresh, so I’m actually quite happy with the X update. It’s really not bad at all - just a little different.

Just found invite to download 2021.44.25.6 (w/FSD Beta v10.8) on my early 2021 (“legacy”) Model X. Not thrilled with all the reported new changes, and I won’t get Blind Side video or SM Live video (per Tesla.com), but I want the latest FSD Beta. So what to do?
Both my MY and MX are now updated to V11.
MX still has all shortcut icons on the top while MY doesn't. It's the first thing I can see and it's great.

FSD Beta releases are happening today as well.

No fears!! No need to panic - Model X is getting plenty of love here. We’re just letting the 3/Y owners beta-test for us. ;-)

(I’ve got one foot in each pool, as it were! So I get the best — and worst — of both the vertical and horizontal screen worlds. ;-)

Any temptation to NOT update the X and take time to compare?