Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @rush6410 ,

I just tried the Wheel Configuration...
It works for me.
On the new car it is exceptionally fast - 1 or 2 minutes...

Try Again?

Shawn

PS _ On the one software check per day...
It's actually one software check per 24 hours...
So if you checked yesterday at 3:00 PM,
Your check today has to be AFTER 3:00 PM... or it will show yesterday's data.
Thanks for the info.

The wheel config worked, but with different behavior. I used to get immediate reset software actions. Now, I select a configuration and there is no indication of anything happening. It seemed like after the car sat for a bit it applied the change on my next vehicle entry. So, not sure if it was applied upon a power cycle or sleep action.

In my regular driving, coincidentally I don’t have any of those issues except the opposite: at a semi-complicated intersection of three roads at odd angles with a train crossing as well, it doesn’t stop for the left turn red light.
Wow I just realized I was very unclear there: to clarify, in my day-to-day driving I don’t encounter any of the driving situations you listed so I can’t comment on those issues @jkhanesq

Thanks for the info.

The wheel config worked, but with different behavior. I used to get immediate reset software actions. Now, I select a configuration and there is no indication of anything happening. It seemed like after the car sat for a bit it applied the change on my next vehicle entry. So, not sure if it was applied upon a power cycle or sleep action.

i experienced this same phenomena occurred when i swapped out my 22s for 20s post software installation.

also - when the X is in our garage it is auto locking itself, which never was the case before this recent software install. i have the setting to "exclude" at home, but something still isnt sticking. kinda strange...actually now that i think about it, maybe our home location got wiped in the recent software install. ill check that again.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
I have 2022.40.4.1. It’s a 2023 MX with FSD purchased. So no FSD for people running 2022.40.X.X?
Did you get FSDb? How long after you got the car to get "normal" firmware instead of the new car firmware?

I got my MXLR two weeks ago with 2022.40.200.1, which last week updated to 2022.40.300.1, both of which are new car versions. I assume I have to go to normal firmware versions first, and then hope for FSDb...

TIA!

Dear Ones,

I could really use some help. I have a July 2018 MX with full self-driving and just received the Beta v11.3.3 (2022.45.12) update and driving on the freeway has drastically changed. I can no longer control or defer the car- controlled lane changes, the option to NOT permit late changes without approval in the earlier versions is now absent. I have tried changing the autopilot behavior to “Chill” from Average or Aggressive, but the car still decides if we are going too slow, it will signal and pull out inappropriately in front of oncoming traffic behind me to change lanes. I end up having to brake and get control of the car again and pull back into the original lane. This is very dangerous maneuvering that I have to do to regain control of the car. I cannot find the lane change behavior in the new settings.

Any suggestions besides no longer driving in AutoPilot?

Mike P

Dear Ones, I could really use some help. I have a July 2018 MX with full self-driving and just received the Beta v11.3.3 (2022.45.12) update and driving on the freeway has drastically changed. I can no longer control or defer the car- controlled lane changes, the option to NOT permit late changes without approval in the earlier versions is now absent. I have tried changing the autopilot behavior to “Chill” from Average or Aggressive, but the car still decides if we are going too slow, it will signal and pull out inappropriately in front of oncoming traffic behind me to change lanes. I end up having to brake and get control of the car again and pull back into the original lane. This is very dangerous maneuvering that I have to do to regain control of the car. I cannot find the lane change behavior in the new settings. Any suggestions besides no longer driving in AutoPilot? Mike P
Aside from the description about "Chill" ... The only thing I've seen is the once per drive option:
I1n12kl.jpg

Thanks for your reply, that seems to do it but it is a pain resetting this configuration every drive. It is really scary driving on autopilot on the freeway, makes me not want to use it.
When I drive locally, I use the minimal lane change option, which will pop up when the autopilot stalk is twisted (used to change following distance). The other way to have more control of lane changes is to not set a destination. Then FSD will engage, but just stay in its lane for the most part.

Thanks for your reply, that seems to do it but it is a pain resetting this configuration every drive. It is really scary driving on autopilot on the freeway, makes me not want to use it.
Agree it’s a pain, but it does make FSBb more useable. I tried 11.3.6 yesterday on a 2 lane 50mph road with 2 hard 90* turns it would never make before and it made both. Not as smooth as a human but it is progressing some.

Reactions: totoro722
I've mentioned this tip and created a thread with details on it.