Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the heads-up!
Having worked for US companies for more than 20 years I understand the meaning of quarterly results for Tesla. So I am confident we will all get our cars sometime in June.
I thought Tilburg is only assembling EU cars, whereas Swiss and Norwegian units are finished in Fremont and shipped direct?

When we placed our order for an X 100D, projected delivery was June.

Wouldn't be surprised to see that slide into July, if Tesla decides to delay enough US deliveries to shift the 200K US delivery threshold into Q3, and extend the full $7500 US tax credit until the end of the year (instead of end of September).

Though we're still hoping we'll see it in June...

When we placed our order for an X 100D, projected delivery was June.

Wouldn't be surprised to see that slide into July, if Tesla decides to delay enough US deliveries to shift the 200K US delivery threshold into Q3, and extend the full $7500 US tax credit until the end of the year (instead of end of September).

Though we're still hoping we'll see it in June...

Doubt they will do that. Meeting Wall St expectations is way more important than extending tax credits...

So, do buyers who take delivery in Q4 in the US just take a chance on whether they get the 7500 credit vs the 3750?
I am guessing that they'll get to know only when they file the taxes or maybe beginning of 2019 on what their credit amount is going to be?

They have enough backlog for S/3/X that they can shift a few US deliveries to June and deliver cars to Canada or other locations, without a significant financial impact.
My neighbor ordered an S the same day we ordered an X (4/30). He got his vin# a couple of days later and now his delivery is scheduled for Mid-June. In the meantime I am yet to get a Vin and delivery still stands as last week of June. So either they are selling more S's or they have a bigger backlog for X. Who knows...

I ordered a MX 100D on 4/29, confirmed on 5/2. Today, I get the VIN #, but where do you find the scheduled delivery date? On my Tesla page, it only says:

Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory.

So, do buyers who take delivery in Q4 in the US just take a chance on whether they get the 7500 credit vs the 3750?
I am guessing that they'll get to know only when they file the taxes or maybe beginning of 2019 on what their credit amount is going to be?
Tesla will announce when they make their 200 thousand car for the U.S. You will then have the rest of that quarter and the next one to get the $7500.

I just received my VIN today and asked my DS for my production date. They said it’s showing June 6th and estimates delivery within the last week or two of June. Once you receive a VIN your DS should have an estimate for production.

I just got an email directly from Tesla. It said, "
We wanted to let you know that your Model X order has been upgraded. The Cream Interior in your car will now be paired with our new Oak Décor to complement its refined, modern aesthetic. In addition, the silver interior trim throughout your cabin has been updated with our new graphite finish.
960x480-LHD-Model_X_Cream_Oak.jpg

Since your Model X was configured before we introduced this interior update, your order has already been upgraded and there is no action required on your end."

Kind of a cool new look! Just wish it would hurry up and get here.

I received the same e-mail, we had a Model S on order and decided last minute to switch to Model X and got it for both of them. It looks amazing! on another note, I noticed from reading this thread is that most people are just now getting their VIN's, we already had received the VIN for our Model S even before the 72hr deadline to make changes was up, are they ramping up production this month or is the Model S just faster to be built and delivered?

I just got an email directly from Tesla. It said, "
We wanted to let you know that your Model X order has been upgraded. The Cream Interior in your car will now be paired with our new Oak Décor to complement its refined, modern aesthetic. In addition, the silver interior trim throughout your cabin has been updated with our new graphite finish.
960x480-LHD-Model_X_Cream_Oak.jpg

Since your Model X was configured before we introduced this interior update, your order has already been upgraded and there is no action required on your end."

Kind of a cool new look! Just wish it would hurry up and get here.

I received the same e-mail, we had a Model S on order and decided last minute to switch to Model X and got it for both of them. It looks amazing! on another note, I noticed from reading this thread is that most people are just now getting their VIN's, we already had received the VIN for our Model S even before the 72hr deadline to make changes was up, are they ramping up production this month or is the Model S just faster to be built and delivered?

We’re finally approaching the second half of the quarter so many of the international builds are done and heading for shipment. This gives Tesla the chance to switch to domestic builds. There is one line for S/X so it seems like they default to S first, probably based on higher demand. It’s been interesting to watch both spreadsheets (S and X) to see what is getting built.

Reactions: XjteX