Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X P90D with Autopilot 2 hardware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a 5 seat configured Model X a few days ago and have been very happy with the fit and finish and everything else about it. However, I was told that the Autopilot 2 hardware, since it's new, would take some time to activate through a software update. Interested to hear about other people's experience with how long it takes to activate this or are all AP2 cars right now without capability? Thanks.

They confirmed you would have 8.1 next Wednesday? Color me suspicious.

No my DS told me that once 8.1 is ready I ll just need to update...hopefully soon but as long everything works great!

Hmm... looking at the configurator now, it looks like there is no middle step between 90D and P100DL (a $40k difference). Seems like a bit of a steep jump.

Yeah 40k jump is a Model 3! I was hesitant on going all the way to P100D and started the idea of stopping at the P90D then I wanted the P100D but wife was not happy and another 20k wasn't cheap. So I am kinda in the middle between the 90D and P100D! I couldn't change my order anymore and I had to cancel and lose $2.5k and start a new build if I wanted the P100D