Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh yeah, missed the double sided tape for the rear flap. Does it feel secure with the double sided tape instead of having a secondary push clip?
There are 2 clips on both front and rear, the rear just have an additional tape. Not sure that tape does much, I keep pushing it in, and I can hear it pop out.
Not a big issue, it's holding pretty good, recently drove thru heavy rain, and deep puddles with no issues.

Decided to order them just for the rear flaps to give it a try. Here’s how the rear flaps look from behind. I wish the line would come up a little cleaner like the OEM Tesla front flaps does without the edge molding, but seems passable

I didn’t bother taking the backing off the adhesive sticker for the rear flaps because it didn’t look like it would do anything anyways. Installed with just the 2 push clips.

IMG_2634.jpeg

Last edited:
Got tired of waiting and ordered A-Premium mud flaps from Amazon. Only had to cut a small portion of the front ones, and drilled 2 holes in the arch liners to install included clips. Instead of using the screws included, i put 3M double sided trim tape. Just make sure to get real trim tape and put 2 layers. Have been to car wash couple times and they are still holding on! They fit pretty well to be honest.View attachment 867805View attachment 867807View attachment 867809View attachment 867810View attachment 867811
Is this on a 22 Plaid? Where exactly did you cut?

Reactions: Bacalao
OEM-style mud flaps for the refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid.

Reactions: SpoonMXP
Picked up the Amazon set for the X I don't yet have. 🤣

On sale today for Prime Day.

View attachment 981519
They seem to cover more on the sides and are uniform front and rear.

The Tesla OEM ones are front only, don't cover as much to the side but seem longer. 🤷‍♂️
Returning these getting the "Motrobe" OEM -like version. Seems to fit without modification and covers more down low.

Returning these getting the "Motrobe" OEM -like version. Seems to fit without modification and covers more down low.

Yeah, I've been happy with the Motrobe version (at least the rear flaps for the MX, I already had the OEM Tesla front). They definite looks very similar to the OEM. I ended up buying the Y version for my MY as well. Both the MX and MY, I only used the rear as I already have the OEM Tesla fronts on both.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
i installed the mixsuper ones from amazon the day i took delivery. Followed the cutouts that was specified earlier and they fit like a glove. Super easy. Took like 15min. Never was a fan of the flat style mudguards.

Attachments

• IMG_4847.jpeg
    IMG_4847.jpeg
    458.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4845.jpeg
    IMG_4845.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4844.jpeg
    IMG_4844.jpeg
    569.4 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: thesteve
you get your X yet?
Sure did, delivered 11/3, but then I was away on vacation for a bit so haven't driven it too much. PPF and tint done, and just Ceramic Coated it this weekend and started adding some carbon fiber bits. 👌

Sure did, delivered 11/3, but then I was away on vacation for a bit so haven't driven it too much. PPF and tint done, and just Ceramic Coated it this weekend and started adding some carbon fiber bits. 👌

Nice!!! Congrats !!!, So quick with the Mod!! The red that got away from me. You should arrange to have a meet one day.

Pics or it didn't happen. Always loved seeing the mods on your silver metallic 3 when we both had that color.

• Love

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpeg
    IMG_0104.jpeg
    552.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0106.jpeg
    IMG_0106.jpeg
    653.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0103.jpeg
    IMG_0103.jpeg
    664.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0107.jpeg
    IMG_0107.jpeg
    773.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0108.jpeg
    IMG_0108.jpeg
    758.7 KB · Views: 34
I ordered these from Aliexpress. Super cheap but I didn't get them because they are cheap. I like these because they don't look like a flat piece of flap behind the wheel like the stock Tesla ones or the other aftermarket ones posted here already.

They are perfect fit for the refresh. Here how they look, I'm happy with them with the exception of the fact that these will hit the curb if you're use to backing your rear wheels to the curb.
20231202_171826.jpg
20231202_171836.jpg
20231202_171857.jpg

I ordered these from Aliexpress. Super cheap but I didn't get them because they are cheap. I like these because they don't look like a flat piece of flap behind the wheel like the stock Tesla ones or the other aftermarket ones posted here already.

They are perfect fit for the refresh. Here how they look, I'm happy with them with the exception of the fact that these will hit the curb if you're use to backing your rear wheels to the curb.View attachment 995935View attachment 995936View attachment 995937
Yeah..... much like the ones I returned.

Problem is because they don't stick out or down as low (OEM) they don't really do much of anything for protection and reducing spray down the side of the vehicle.

Decided on function over cosmetic appeal this time around, especially since I plan on going with slightly more aggressive offset wheels.

Yeah..... much like the ones I returned.

Problem is because they don't stick out or down as low (OEM) they don't really do much of anything for protection and reducing spray down the side of the vehicle.

Decided on function over cosmetic appeal this time around, especially since I plan on going with slightly more aggressive offset wheels.

Can you take a side profile showing how low the flat ones go? I'm thinking that mine is too low for my taste because they touch the sidewalk curb when wheel is close...

Can you take a side profile showing how low the flat ones go? I'm thinking that mine is too low for my taste because they touch the sidewalk curb when wheel is close...
UPDATE: As it’s parked now there’s about 2 3/4” to the ground in the front and about 3 1/2” in the rear.

Posted above.... I can measure exactly later, but they are several inches from the ground in this "Low" mode pic.

If you're rubbing the flaps your gunna curb the wheel if you're that close IMO....I rather get a warning with the flap rub vs. the wheel/tire, but I also back in nearly everywhere and use the tilt down mirror in reverse option always to prevent ANY type of contact.

These flaps are soft and flexible in the bottom section so they can bend without getting ripped off or cracking I'm assuming...time will tell I guess.

1701805537164.png

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpeg
    IMG_0208.jpeg
    620.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0209.jpeg
    IMG_0209.jpeg
    880.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: SpoonMXP