Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Plaid Third Row Climate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
I just recently joined TMC to see if anyone had a refreshed model X. I’ve had mine for about 2 months now and I love it! However, There is one thing that I haven’t been able to figure out yet. Does anyone know if there are controls for the 3rd row climate? There are vents in the third row but whenever I turn the climate on from the rear screen, there is barely any air flow. The only way air comes through is it the car is on bioweapon defense mode. Was just wondering if any other refreshed model X owners were having similar issues!

Hello all,
I just recently joined TMC to see if anyone had a refreshed model X. I’ve had mine for about 2 months now and I love it! However, There is one thing that I haven’t been able to figure out yet. Does anyone know if there are controls for the 3rd row climate? There are vents in the third row but whenever I turn the climate on from the rear screen, there is barely any air flow. The only way air comes through is it the car is on bioweapon defense mode. Was just wondering if any other refreshed model X owners were having similar issues!
Do you have anyone actually sitting in the third row?

Hi. Same issue. Model X Plaid refresh. Cant for the life of me figure out how to get airflow in 3rd row. Am wondering if it has been accidentally not connected?
Hi Dan,
Glad to see we are on the same page! Not really sure what to do, but with having the kids in the 3rd row, this is kind of disappointing to both me and them not being able to have any sort of climate control

Have not received my X yet but on my Y HVAC controls I have to go to the rear controls on the main screen and turn it on to get the rear fan to turn on (for when my kids are back there). Is there an HVAC option front/rear/3rd row that you can turn on? In the Y when I turn on the rear fan the front fan decreases power. If you haven’t already turn the fan speed to 10 and make sure the rear/3rd row (?) climate zones are active.

Really annoying if 6/7 seat configurations are much more expensive, in part, because they include an extra air conditioner unit that doesn’t seem to do much.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
I did! They took a look at it and everything. Result: "in spec, try turning the fans all the way up and putting on recirc." Um, yeah, we tried that, and it's basically useless...
Why add a second ac unit if it is gonna be so weak? I don’t see why they would go to the trouble. This sounds like a terrible test right now but is the heat flow in the 3rd row strong?

I did! They took a look at it and everything. Result: "in spec, try turning the fans all the way up and putting on recirc." Um, yeah, we tried that, and it's basically useless...
Did you actually have someone sitting in the third row, or were you reaching in from outside and feeling for the air? I’ve never had a car with a third row but I would expect there to be no air back there, if it did not detect actual butts in seats.

Reactions: fr100