Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X postponed indefinitely?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hearing a lot of noise on twitter regarding having model s/x deliveries/orders indefinitely delayed. Has anyone heard about this? Not sure if its related to the update, NTSB investigation, or just trolls on twitter... I placed my order 2/22 and hope to have it by end of March. Thoughts?

Hearing a lot of noise on twitter regarding having model s/x deliveries/orders indefinitely delayed. Has anyone heard about this? Not sure if its related to the update, NTSB investigation, or just trolls on twitter... I placed my order 2/22 and hope to have it by end of March. Thoughts?

considering the media overblows every single negative tesla news and we've heard nothing about this from anywhere, i wouldn't put any weight to it.

Reactions: wesley888
19b.jpg

interesting, I ordered mine that day too and just received the confirmation of my order. did they email you the estimated time? am I suppose to do anything after uploading my insurance? I emailed them so time will tell

I got an email and a phone call right away from a service advisor. I have a trade in so I have to upload a copy of the title. I guess YMMV but they have been very prompt with me so far. Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Has anyone here taken delivery of a Model X ON or AFTER 2/22/2020?

There are multiple threads on the MX and MS forums here as well as reddit and the Tesla forums that discuss owners reporting deliveries have been stopped by Tesla until 3/7/2020. My guess is that this has something to do with the MX LR PLUS update for eligible vehicles that didn't have this option at the factory. SInce Tesla is a manufacturer (vs traditional car dealer), MAYBE they can take properly equipped MX LR cars and issue NEW Monroney stickers to reflect PLUS after updating? Or maybe something more serious is going on. Whatever the case, the lack of official communication on this issue is certainly leading to lots of speculation on the internet. I don't trade Tesla stock but look what happen to Ford when they stopped the new Explorer deliveries without explanation...... This could all be avoided with proper info. Like many of you, I've had a MX on order for some time. Would be nice to get an email telling us what is going on.

Originally ordered mine end of January. Delivery date was set for yesterday, but got called on Friday saying they needed to move it out to 3/1 at 1:00 PM but didn't really give a reason other than the car was still in California (I'm in Texas). I've got an email out to one of my more helpful Tesla contacts to see if I can get any more details or at least find out if that 3/1 date is realistic.

I have a VIN now. They’re telling me I can expect delivery in about 2-3 weeks. Ordered 2/22, Long range version.
how did they contact you with that? also did you pay any amount towards it prior to them giving you the VIN. Im worried that they arnt going to assign me a vin because I haven't paid yet, I got approved for a loan but was waiting on the vin to accept it.

how did they contact you with that? also did you pay any amount towards it prior to them giving you the VIN. Im worried that they arnt going to assign me a vin because I haven't paid yet, I got approved for a loan but was waiting on the vin to accept it.

The Tesla customer service agent I’m working with gave it to me yesterday when I came in to test drive. I haven’t given them anything other than the documents they asked for.

You’ve been approved for the loan, why wouldn’t they sell you a car? I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

I ordered my X the same day as you (and saw that you updated the Order Tracker as well). I was told by my assigned SA that "If you get a chance to confirm the terms that lets us get you a car faster by having your account completed." I was skeptical but did it anyway (I was happy with the rate I was quoted). If I could do over, I probably would not have accepted it and waited to see if rates got any lower before delivery.

I'm in the same boat as you now. Unfortunately waiting is the hardest part...

I ordered my X on 2/11 and picked it up today! We were told we would have to wait until Saturday, but they were able to give it to us today. They said that all the Xs were in containment hold until they got an update and fixed the Maroney sticker. The sticker seemed to be the biggest problem. I don’t know if they did anything out of the ordinary for us because we were from out of town.

Ordered LR X early Feb. Got a delivery date available as early as this past Tuesday. I had scheduled delivery for today but got called and said it wouldn’t be ready until tomorrow. So I rescheduled for Sat am. Just got a txt saying I’ve been “tentatively” rescheduled to Sunday. Called the Costa Mesa center and I’ve been waiting for a call back.

Honestly this is not okay. I picked up my model 3 after 8 weeks of patiently waiting w zero updates but had no delivery issues. In and out in 10 mins. It was convenient but an underwhelming buying experience. Buying a 100k car should be an experience. It’s just an disappointing experience so far.

I literally just got off the phone w Costa Mesa. They said they can’t release the cars until approval by the EPA for the long range plus? I don’t even know if that’s legit or not but still Tesla need to work on this.

Reactions: GrumGrum