Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X promised by the 30th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey folks, I ordered and inventory model x last week which was supposedly “en route” to my area. After I placed the order I found out it wasn’t exactly en route to my area of northern VA but it was en route to PA and would then be rerouted down here. I have not heard anything additional since Friday when I placed the order but was told “I would definitely take delivery before the 30th”. I also realized after the fact that the car I ordered didn’t have PUP which is a bummer but oh well. It turns out it was manufactured in June and not quite as new as I was led to believe. Anyway, the crux of my question is this: do you guys think I have any recourse if I. Don’t take delivery by the30th? I’m willing to accept that it’s not as new of a vehicle as I thought and that it doesn’t have PUP but not getting the car in time to have lifetime supercharging is unacceptable to me. Thoughts?

hey folks, I ordered and inventory model x last week which was supposedly “en route” to my area. After I placed the order I found out it wasn’t exactly en route to my area of northern VA but it was en route to PA and would then be rerouted down here. I have not heard anything additional since Friday when I placed the order but was told “I would definitely take delivery before the 30th”. I also realized after the fact that the car I ordered didn’t have PUP which is a bummer but oh well. It turns out it was manufactured in June and not quite as new as I was led to believe. Anyway, the crux of my question is this: do you guys think I have any recourse if I. Don’t take delivery by the30th? I’m willing to accept that it’s not as new of a vehicle as I thought and that it doesn’t have PUP but not getting the car in time to have lifetime supercharging is unacceptable to me. Thoughts?
I don’t think you need to get it before the 30th to get lifetime supercharging. I think that as long that you confirmed your order before that date it is ok. But again, this is a special deal made to push as many sales as possible before the end of quarter. You should try to get a confirmation by email.

Reactions: P85_DA and Ormond

I don’t think you need to get it before the 30th to get lifetime supercharging. I think that as long that you confirmed your order before that date it is ok. But again, this is a special deal made to push as many sales as possible before the end of quarter. You should try to get a confirmation by email.

How much money a year do you expect to save from free supercharging? 10k miles worth of supercharging would be less than $500. A tesla is still enjoyable without free supercharging, just ask all the model 3 owners.

Reactions: P85_DA
The delivery date should not affect the supercharging. I passed on PUP (12/17 delivery) because I didn’t need most of the stuff in it making the things I did want too expensive. Rear heated seats and premium sound would have been nice but it’s not a big loss, I may add a subwoofer myself in the future.

If you are getting a good deal, I would just get it. Remember the base price of the cars went up $3,000 when PUP because standard.

You might push them on the free supercharging. Or send us a message if they want you to have referral code.
Well, I thought I was getting a decent deal until I realized the discount was just because of the price adjustment following the rollout of PUP included with the base price.

Update: I was finally contacted on Friday and set up delivery for today at 630 pm. I paid the down payment after seeing the mvpa and texted my advisor before driving in. The advisor said I would be good to go. We showed up at 615 and came to find out there was an issue with “getting the Virginia inspection completed”. After mulling over some options they offered to deliver the car to our house tomorrow between two and four and offered two years of maintenance for our troubles. Will update tomorrow as we attempt delivery again. Hoping it goes smooth!

Reactions: jboy210 and mongo