TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X seat comfort compared to Model S

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Skryll, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Skryll

Skryll Member

How does the seat comfort compare of the front model X seats to the model S, in particular for long road trips?

We found that the model S front seats have a rather uncomfortable headrest, which is hard and somewhat round, which is not comfortable leaning back against.

I notice this less when driving because I tend to lean forward a bit, but when sitting in the passenger front seat, and after a few hours of traveling, it really starts bugging me being bumped in the head by the hard headrest and it not cradling the head but instead the head rolling left and right on it.

Anyone that undertook long road trips with the X that could compare the experience to the S?

2. DarrinR

DarrinR Member

I have just been given a loaner Model S P90D while my Model X is being checked for possible sensor problems. I think the S seats are good but the X seats are outstanding.

3. 7racer

7racer Member

I have a 2015 MS P85DL and now the Sig X. The X is much much more comfy. They are spongy and probably too soft for a sport sedan but perfect for an SUV

4. DougH

DougH Active Member

I cannot believe that Tesla is still having sensor issues. I had issues when the sensors first came out 2 years ago!

5. pvogel

pvogel Member

New sensors, specifically the huge array of aluminum-penetrating ultrasonic sensors in the Falcon Wing doors.

6. skdave

skdave Member

What kind of cup holder does the Model X have?

7. Skryll

Skryll Member

I didn't know they had sensors in the seat?