Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature Configuration has begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there official specs on the cargo space? Carrying capacity? Dimensions?

I'm trying to convince my sister-in-law that the Model X could replace her 2010 Lincoln Navigator; I think it could, but somehow she thinks the X is smaller ("mid-size" she says from the pics).

Maybe someone needs to consolidate the X's specs, pics, colors, and features in a sticky thread with a wiki post. It's hard to navigate through 600+ posts.

.. Any highlights you'd recommend ?

Summary:

- At least 27 Signatures configuring today.
- Exterior colors are the MS colors
- Interior includes a white synthetic option that's not leather but has had morphing descriptions
- 2nd row seats appear to be on pedestals and nobody knows how/if they fold. Something like 90% of this thread involves discussion about this point.
- There are 8 cupholders: 4/2/2
- Tesla doesn't communicate well and it makes some people angry
- Nobody has complained about the exterior looks (!)
- Some middle children are sad but funny

Are there official specs on the cargo space? Carrying capacity? Dimensions?

I'm trying to convince my sister-in-law that the Model X could replace her 2010 Lincoln Navigator; I think it could, but somehow she thinks the X is smaller ("mid-size" she says from the pics).

Maybe someone needs to consolidate the X's specs, pics, colors, and features in a sticky thread with a wiki post. It's hard to navigate through 600+ posts.

Using the measurements I got from the service center this morning, I compared our GMC Acadia. The Model X is approximately the same length as the Acadia, about a foot wider and several inches shorter than the Acadia.

Your sister is correct, the Model X is not as big as her Navigator.

Summary:

- Interior includes a white synthetic option that's not leather but has had morphing descriptions
- 2nd row seats appear to be on pedestals and nobody knows how/if they fold. Something like 90% of this thread involves discussion about this point.

Great summary...I especially enjoyed you including points six through eight. One addendum to point two. The colors are the MS colors + the signature red (in case the person who was asking wasn't aware).

Oh, and it's ridiculously...no wait...ludicrously fast (3.2 seconds 0-60).

Summary:

Middle children everywhere appreciate the mention. :)

I had to pick up my Model S from the service center this morning. They've been sent a .pdf with information about Model X. The available dimension info: overall length: 198", overall width (mirrors extended) 89.4", overall height (doors closed) 66.3", ground clearance 7.2". Sig reservation holders will get an email inviting them to configure in order. Founders configured in August. Interior pictures all match what we've seen so we're seeing the final design.

That's what I was able to glean.

For me, getting the exterior dimensions was a highlight of the thread which I only had to read 335 posts to get.

Summary:

Perfect TL;DR summary :)

Last edited:
Could be on the door. When we take long trips our other car actually has two cup holders and a storage compartment on each of the front doors. Perfect for bottled water and it even fits cups. Perhaps Tesla did something similar. Or is that two cup holders that block the arm rests and the two cup holders in the center console?

My 4Runner has one in each front door, two in the center console (not armrests), two in each rear door, and two in the armrest foldout of the rear center seat. I really miss the latter most of all. I wish Tesla would develop a foldout center armrest.

Blu-Ray/DVD systems feel old and antiquated now already. I think they expect any family with the means to purchase a Model X also have the means to purchase personal tablets for each kid. They're going to be selling this generation of Model X for 6-8 years. Blu-Ray and DVD will feel even more out-of-date by then.

That's fine. But there is no way to securely fasten a tablet either.
On most cars you have "pins" that the headrests are attached to, and a variety of tablet holders are available that uses those pins for mounting. On the MS and MX there are no pins. And the headrests are shaped like a cone!

BTW, long travel with small childs more or less require movies. A DVD player is a cheap way to have a reasonably large library. Content for small childs are hard to get in a format that can be stored on a tablet. Streaming? Not an option for out of country travel...

Thank you bonnie for the info on the white synthetic leather. I wonder if that material will make it to the S?

Also it is a shame from the picture near the start of the thread that the white alcantara doesn't seem the same white as the seats, seems cream. Would be nice to have a uniform colour inside.

Ask your local sales manager to look up your customer record - they can tell you who is assigned to your order. And have them confirm either way. I was told it is a synthetic material.

"White Luxury Seats are finished in high quality synthetic leather that resists wear and staining."

So, no animals were harmed during the making of this car? ;-)

Wasn't there a vegan that complained about that when she got her Sig Model S back in 2012?

/Martin

There was a proposal on an all-vegan interior / cruelty-free materials for the interior at the recent shareholder meeting:
Your help needed: Votes for 2015 TSLA Prop 3 and 4

By the way, thanks a lot to bonnie and dadaleus for the tidbits.

Question:
Nobody mentioned a "pano roof option" so far (or have I missed it somehow?). Can you get a pano roof on the sig X?

What is really awesome is the stated acceleration time. 3.2 seconds to 60? In a large SUV? Just wow! Can't wait to see videos of the Model X in ludicrous mode!