Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Subsite Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting updates

gKZB1lr.png

sv13dSv.png

mAxL3Q8.png

RwdHZT2.png

9rFKTR7.png

less interesting:

ZSD7jlZ.png

So, Active Spoiler seems to be standard, and they seem to be going with the P90D range as the one most-quoted.

My gut has been telling me that the 90D is really a 100D and everyone will get a big surprise on March 31st when they enable the extra 10kwh. I ordered a 70D from Canada. Our pricing is completely out of sync with any other country but adds to the possibility that there is 90D and 100D only.

What are all the people who ordered a 70D going to end up with?

My order confirms tomorrow. Both 70D and 5 Seater are available options.

It even let me change my 90D to a 5 seater 70D and UPDATE the order. I've switched it back to 90D. The only question I have left to decide is should I get the UHFS audio upgrade...???

5Seat.PNG 70D.PNG

Wow, I'd forgotten all about the 5 seater, which is why I listed that changer under uninteresting. Certainly seems there's some shuffling afoot!

Anyone know/remember if the cloth seats were shown on that page? According to modelxtracker, the least taken options for the X appear to be the 70D battery, 5 seats, and cloth seats - each taken less than 10% of the time. If they are dropping cloth as an option, it may be a wholesale culling of low popularity options. At some point, it's not worth Tesla's trouble to maintain options that are rarely taken, even if they help maintain a low price entry price.

I suppose they could be taking the baseline battery to 75 or 80 and dropping the 5 seat option?

I wonder if they will do what they did with the Model S 40's where they put a larger battery in, but software limited it to what people paid. Maybe the 70D's will be software limited 90D's and as others suggested the 90D's are already software limited 100D's. It might be a new trend to make software limited higher end vehicles like P90D's that can upgraded to Ludicrous via software update. It makes sense in that it simplifies the production line and opens future revenue via software updates.

Reactions: AnOutsider
Anyone know/remember if the cloth seats were shown on that page? According to modelxtracker, the least taken options for the X appear to be the 70D battery, 5 seats, and cloth seats - each taken less than 10% of the time. If they are dropping cloth as an option, it may be a wholesale culling of low popularity options. At some point, it's not worth Tesla's trouble to maintain options that are rarely taken, even if they help maintain a low price entry price.

I suppose they could be taking the baseline battery to 75 or 80 and dropping the 5 seat option?

Keep in mind all these options cause delay (nor were they available to sigs or founders), so that can skew the perception.

My order confirms tomorrow. Both 70D and 5 Seater are available options.

It even let me change my 90D to a 5 seater 70D and UPDATE the order. I've switched it back to 90D. The only question I have left to decide is should I get the UHFS audio upgrade...???

View attachment 168738 View attachment 168739

What is the US base price for 90D cash, it is 136,600/-canadian

It would be interesting if at the reveal event for Model 3 they will state that 70 version of Model X and S are dropped and that high optioned Models 3 and Y would be ready for production in the next few months and they will fill the gap of removed low end models for X and S. They will also indicate that they would be able to produce the "base" 35K version of Model 3 by the end of 2017.

I know it might sound crazy but it would be a bomb it happens :)