Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why 2015? This is the front page of the Model X webpage:

Untitled.jpg

It's true that deliveries could BEGIN in 2014 (likely very end of 2014), but that'll likely be Signature versions and there may be the same slow ramp up that we saw with the S. So the mass rollout of deliveries will probably be around the beginning of 2015.

This: Goldman Sachs, Gen III SUV, Model X 2015, from Tesla site

first I've seen w the words 'deliveries start' and '2015' together. Major Bummer.

AND if indeed the rate of new X reses has dropped a little, perhaps it's the nonstop waves of positive news on the S (combined w an X release date pushed back pretty far) that has some people getting in line for a Model S instead.

BUT I figure (& hope) that the later Xs start rolling out, the better overall vehicles they will ultimately be. 12 Billion market cap company now, seem to have their act together, :biggrin: the news can always change for the better. ML

Last edited:
I said something to my wife the other day after I made the reservation. Having only a number in the 3400's, I just floated a basic question whether the incredible success of the model S combined with less than 4,000 model X reservations may result in the cancellation of the X platform.

I know, I know, blasphemy... but perhaps the S would hold Tesla over enough to accelerate toward Gen3.

In response to FlasherZ... Some possible factors/theories:

* Very little mention of Model X anywhere (outside of Tesla fan circles)
* Model S has all the noise right now, and
* Tesla's fine with that, and
* Media's fine with that
* Some people just don't like the Model X (falcon-wing what? why?, etc)
* An SUV with no roof rack?
* No pricing information yet
* Deposits are still $5K not dropped to $2.5K like the S.
* Ship date is far in future

Oh, don't get me wrong, I want the Model X - it's why I have a reservation. And to be fair, my original reservation from early 2012 for Model S was around # 8000 or so; so perhaps it will rocket up when beta cars enter showrooms and such. I was just debating the success of Model S and the near-universal opinion that Tesla's Gen3 platform will create mass-market accessibility to its products, and whether the Model X was just floated if necessary to bridge the gap between Model S and Gen3.

Even right here on the TMC forum not a single thread on the Model X sub-forum (with the exception of this one) has any posts at all since last Sat. and only a few others since April! Interest is down, everything is the S and the stock market. T$LA is up btw :biggrin: (down today). But believe me, interest is not going to stay down. I drool when I see pics (of MX) ML

Last edited:
In response to FlasherZ... Some possible factors/theories:
* An SUV with no roof rack?

This could be partially addressed by a narrower roof rack (ex Yakima Rocketbox) that takes up only half the roof. (92 x 24 x 16). When installed the X would be sense the rack is latched and only allow one of the Falcon wings to raise. Wouldn't work for everyone but does provide a reasonable option for many and would be pretty cool. I'm sure with some ingenuity Tesla could work with Yakima or Thule to design a roof rack to lock into a hidden roof latch that wouldn't require supports across the whole roof. Same approach could certainly be done for a bike rack and kayak rack.
Roof Rack.JPG

I reserved awhile back, and posted here. But the biggest concern about actually buying one has been the ability to drive from Las Vegas to Phoenix and L.A. via superchargers. With the new map, and what look to be SCs in Kingman and Wickenberg, along with several around L.A., it looks like we're a go for Model X!

Interest is down, everything is the S and the stock market... But believe me, interest is not going to stay down.

It makes sense that the Model S is getting most of the attention, since most buyers are more interested in what they can have today (or in the next couple of months). For me though, the delay on the Model X actually made it more attractive to me. Where I live (gulf coast) Tesla will be slower on rolling out superchargers, and there's basically zero existing infrastructure for electric cars (though plenty of KOAs!). If I get my Model X in 2015, it'll actually be a much better time to own a Tesla in this part of the country I think.

Even right here on the TMC forum not a single thread on the Model X sub-forum (with the exception of this one) has any posts at all since last Sat. and only a few others since April! Interest is down,....

Sorry to disagree but that's not a reasonable extrapolation IMHO. Everyone knows that the X will utilize the S platform and there's thousands of threads there asking all sorts of questions relevant to the platform.

Sorry to disagree but that's not a reasonable extrapolation IMHO. Everyone knows that the X will utilize the S platform and there's thousands of threads there asking all sorts of questions relevant to the platform.

You're right about the interest and other threads, I know because I'm spending waaay too much time reading them. I'm just saying clearly, threads labeled "Model X" have been pretty quiet just lately while the hoopla :wink: is going on elsewhere (nearby). ML