Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X video by Everydaydriver.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My second to last Model X share before permanently retiring from the car demo business.

Tesla Model X - Pros Cons - Driving Review - Everyday Driver - YouTube

I think they covered things pretty well. Nice guys and fun to work with them on their car review.

The last share happened on Wednesday and I will post that review when it goes public.

It has been fun sharing the car with others but I have done my duty to the Tesla world and officially retire from Tesla demonstrations. Now to just Roam and enjoy.

added info.

The daily driver guys specialize in, surprise, daily drivers. Fun cars people can afford. They add exotics and other to the mix for a little variety. They release a weekly video to their subscribers so you have to look at it more like a weekly TV show than a Consumer Reports review.

They asked to have access to the car because their viewers requested it. They travelled with a crew to AZ to film the program. Nice guys who are obviously entitled to their own opinions. I thought it was a pretty balanced conversation over all.

Last edited:
My second to last Model X share before permanently retiring from the car demo business.

I think they covered things pretty well. Nice guys and fun to work with them on their car review.

The last share happened on Wednesday and I will post that review when it goes public.

It has been fun sharing the car with others but I have done my duty to the Tesla world and officially retire from Tesla demonstrations. Now to just Roam and enjoy.
It's a great review, they were certainly critical about many of the features of the X. When they said Tesla could've used a sliding door I completely disagreed. Having a sliding door would need a longer car and less aerodynamic profile (and would just look dumb imho). But other than that I thought it was a solid review, and thank you for sharing your X!

Good review, very good video quality. Here are something i dislike about this video:
1. They should understand innovation is not only about creating something completely new, it's how you use existing technology, combine them to bring out a completely new product. Iphone did it by combining 20 years old facetime technology from Japan, a touch screen which existed in PDA etc.
2. The falcon wing doors is much better design then mini van sliding doors. Great looking, futuristic and more convenience.
3. The look of Model X is subjective, but i won't say this car is ugly in anyway of the imagination.
4. Lastly, ditch unnecessary doors, ludicrous mode etc to make the car cheaper? That is what Model Y is going to be in the future.
Overall the review is complete, comprehensive and spot on. Good Jobs guys!

It's a great review, they were certainly critical about many of the features of the X. When they said Tesla could've used a sliding door I completely disagreed. Having a sliding door would need a longer car and less aerodynamic profile (and would just look dumb imho). But other than that I thought it was a solid review, and thank you for sharing your X!

Good review, very good video quality. Here are something i dislike about this video:
1. They should understand innovation is not only about creating something completely new, it's how you use existing technology, combine them to bring out a completely new product. Iphone did it by combining 20 years old facetime technology from Japan, a touch screen which existed in PDA etc.
2. The falcon wing doors is much better design then mini van sliding doors. Great looking, futuristic and more convenience.
3. The look of Model X is subjective, but i won't say this car is ugly in anyway of the imagination.
4. Lastly, ditch unnecessary doors, ludicrous mode etc to make the car cheaper? That is what Model Y is going to be in the future.

I agree with you guys. Mini-van doors have their own problems and would have required some compromises. Yes, the falcon wing doors have had some growing pains and will likely continue to require refinement but they serve a purpose beyond looking cool.

I've not driven the car yet but I would not be surprised to find that it's a fun car to drive regardless of what these guys said. It's not a Miata but I'm sure it's more fun than other SUV/CUV/Minivans available.

That was tiring to watch. Too much silly talk. You can buy 4 minivans for the price of a loaded Model X.... Well, you can buy 4 Ford Mustangs for the price of a Porsche 911S. Why do people buy the Porsche? If you put minivan doors on a Model X, then it would have an ugly minivan shape and poor aerodynamics. A minivan has poor acceleration, poor handling compared to a Model X, isn't electric, etc. The list goes on. The fact is, this is the highest performing SUV/CUV every built. Period. Those two are annoying and dumb....

Last edited:

5. Truly Boring. I couldn't stay awake after 5 minutes of their mumbling.

Tesla Model X - Pros & Cons - Driving Review - Everyday Driver

Quite an in-depth review from the guys who gave the Model S a lukewarm review in 2013. It's long, opinion-laden and has some of the best footage of the X in motion: A well shot video. I wonder if "Randy," the owner of the Model X used in this review, is a forum member. He owns 1 of each Model S variant as well as an X.

Their final verdict on the Model X is interesting, if hard to parse: It's a very desirable vehicle as a mode of conveyance, but not very desirable as a machine for driving even though they praised its handling in some twisties and its Ludicrous speed. It's a marvelous technological package - perhaps the best available anywhere - but . . . Interesting review.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of what the review said about Model X ... very nice of you to share your car! By the way, nice collection of carS! :cool:

Thanks for posting!

The footage of the Model X zooming around is beautiful. While I understand why some people found the banter annoying and/or boring, I did think it provided valuable perspective from people who ordinarily do not drive an electric car.

I found 2 points particularly relevant:

(1) The reviewers noted that none of the people they encountered in public during the test drive had heard of Model X, although some had heard of Tesla.

(2) Even without Ludicrous Mode and the Falcon Wing Doors (what they called "party tricks"), they said that Model X is just a great car in terms of comfort.

There is still mass untapped demand out there IMO, and Tesla can build a car to the highest standards. A Model 3 that expands the universe of potential buyers holds a lot of future potential.

It seemed nicely shot, but I clicked away after the first few minutes were spent congratulating themselves on what great videos they make. Free YouTube lesson from someone who works in online video on a daily basis: get to the point. Quickly. Also: virtually no one is going to make it through a 24-minute video in this day and age. Even the 7-minute P85 video review I did in 2013 was probably too long.

I'll say something positive before I end this post: Roamer, you've got a lot of beautiful stuff in your garage. :)

EDD videos aren't the most entertaining but i suppose any coverage of the X is appreciated.

Regarding their comment on "party tricks", I feel the main rationale was NOT addressed.
Tesla needs these conversational features to justify higher prices per car sold so it can offset sunken costs for costly infrastructure (supercharger network/ gigafactory).
With Model S it was the 17" MCU, ludicrous, dual motor. With the X its the falcon wings, biodefense, and windshield. Again also seen when founders/ sigs command a higher price and deposit.

They started to touch on this in the video but with exception of Insane/ Ludicrous, most of the "party tricks" are not related to actual driving.
This is a very good way to build interest even in those normally not interested in cars or driving. Especially important if they don't intend to be marketing heavy.

That was tiring to watch. Too much silly talk. You can buy 4 minivans for the price of a loaded Model X.... Well, you can buy 4 Ford Mustangs for the price of a Porsche 911S. Why do people buy the Porsche? If you put minivan doors on a Model X, then it would have an ugly minivan shape and poor aerodynamics. A minivan has poor acceleration, poor handling compared to a Model X, isn't electric, etc. The list goes on. The fact is, this is the highest performing SUV/CUV every built. Period. Those two are annoying and dumb....
You really hit the nail on the head with this one. I don't understand why they were comparing Model X with a Honda Odyssey. They are for two very different segments of the market. They were asking what does Model X does that a Honda minivan doesn't, but what does a Mercedes S class do that a Honda Accord doesn't? They both get 5 people from A to B with relative comfort. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Also removing FWDs from Model X would not drop the price to $50K. Model S has normal doors but even the lowest 70D is not $50K and this particular Model X has a 90 kWh battery.

I did find it interesting that they did not like how the Model X drove. I've been told that the Model X drives similarly to Model S (with the low center of gravity) and handles really well plus the instantaneous power that it provides. I think that Model S drives fantastic, and considering the fact that Model X is an SUV it should really be top of its class. I'm sure it's subjective but I did kind of find that odd.

But they did bring up interesting points about Tesla's packaging efficiency and Model 3. And regarding Model X's looks, it's not ugly but it's not drop dead gorgeous and head turning (apart from the FWDs). I agreed with the guy in the blue shirt, I appreciate the Model X's subtlety and utility. It's a fine looking car and I definitely wouldn't mind driving one. In fact, I WANT ONE. But a lot of people I've talked to don't like the look of Model X. But it may just be that they're used to seeing Model S.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Randy! Not just the video, but the car, of course.

My family was among the many people for whom Randy demo'd the car. In addition to some great conversation, he let my two little girls crawl all over the car, press almost every button, and let me have a long test drive, including warp drive launch and my first auto pilot experience. Since Tesla only invited me to 'Meet the X' and not 'Drive the X' as I had already placed an order, Randy's generosity with his time and X was very welcome indeed. Thank you once again!

Enjoy the car! Roam on!

Personally I found the review not really helpful. They don't really talk so much about the car, they just drive it and talk about their own feeling. And one guy (probably forcing himself to be the bad cop) try to find any complain he think of, and prefer a Porsche Panamera !

And about their idea that minivan door would fit better, if they just think about it for 5 seconds, they will understand it's probably impossible to fit minivan door on a SUV with coupe style on the back. Minivan door need tracks, as long as the opening you expect to get.

(sorry to be so harsh)

Thanks for posting. Nice to see your garage has to share space with non-car stuff like mine.

Just wondering....does owning four of something quadruple the enjoyment of owning one? I've often found myself buying more than one of a product I really find useful or enjoy, just wondering if that translates to larger purchases.

Thanks,

Jon