Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X video by Everydaydriver.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I found the review not really helpful. They don't really talk so much about the car, they just drive it and talk about their own feeling. And one guy (probably forcing himself to be the bad cop) try to find any complain he think of, and prefer a Porsche Panamera !

And about their idea that minivan door would fit better, if they just think about it for 5 seconds, they will understand it's probably impossible to fit minivan door on a SUV with coupe style on the back. Minivan door need tracks, as long as the opening you expect to get.

(sorry to be so harsh)

I honestly thought the review was perfect for what it was - an Everyday driver's take. Clearly they are not as in tune with the company or the car as we are, so the benefits of the FWD are not going to be immediately clear.

Paul's comments echo what I have posted before - the car is kind of ugly. While I get that beauty is subjective and many fans on this board have grown to like the design, most people I have spoken with think it's ugly. If you are going to expect people (en masse) to pay $100,000 plus for a car, it has to be sexy. Tesla is a young company that gets outsized media attention. If sales disappoint, the press will pounce and the results could be devastating. You can see signs of this now (the calls to reservation holders that production slots have "just opened up"). Tesla needs to wake up and address this NOW. This can be fixed, but they need to act. I hope they are listening.

Last edited:
...the car is kind of ugly...
It's not Model S, but for an SUV, it's magnificent.

The reviewers didn't have the vehicle long enough to understand how the Falcon Wing Doors are an advantage when stepping in and standing up before sitting down. At the 10 minute mark, they enter the vehicle like any other car; they bend down, step and angle over the seat while keeping their head down.

When you step in and stand up fully first before sitting down, the Falcon Wing design makes all other SUVs seem so 20th century.

Those of us who experienced the standup advantage over 4 years ago understood it way back then!

0000020412-X3-Test-Rides.jpg

My Experience at Teslas Model X Reveal - GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site

You are just looking out for signs to substantiate your opinion. Even in the review, other dude said the car was beautiful. These guys knew nothing about Tesla. They said removing doors will reduce the price by $20000, acceleration is unnecessary, they compare mini vans with premium CUV. These kind of people are already present as of now and they don't like Model S. They say same kind of irrational things about S too. S is selling fine, X will too. IMHO the car is beautiful, it's just that this car had 20" wheels which looks out of proportion due to X huge size.

Paul's comments echo what I have posted before - the car is kind of ugly. While I get that beauty is subjective and many fans on this board have grown to like the design, most people I have spoken with think it's ugly. If you are going to expect people (en masse) to pay $100,000 plus for a car, it has to be sexy. Tesla is a young company that gets outsized media attention. If sales disappoint, the press will pounce and the results could be devastating. You can see signs of this now (the calls to reservation holders that production slots have "just opened up"). Tesla needs to wake up and address this NOW. This can be fixed, but they need to act. I hope they are listening.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, to me, beauty is when form flows naturally out of function. Not the other way around. Like objects governed by the Fibonacci sequence ..if you will. They are remarkably functional yet exhibit a certain beauty. Every detail of the X follows this mantra, IMHO. I think the designers and engineers were extremely thoughtful in this regard; almost to a fault. Starting with the ultimate aerodynamic shape, from the grill-less front end, to the panoramic windshield, the Feng-shui cabin, the FWDs, to the spoiler. They set out with a set of requirements and parameters and allowed the form to take shape around it, without compromise. There's a certain harmony and beauty in that. It may not be instantly obvious because our minds are conditioned to "like" something familiar, which we equate to normal. Take the nose for instance. Some folks were outright repulsed by it at first sight, then slowly came around to loving it. Over time, the beauty and understated elegance of this vehicle will be realized! Lessons will be learned and future models will be improved upon to be sure - it is a business after all ..and a beautiful one at that, which this world desperately needs more of!

Moderators - apologies for waxing philosophical on this thread - feel free relocate :biggrin:

Quite an in-depth review from the guys who gave the Model S a lukewarm review in 2013. It's long, opinion-laden and has some of the best footage of the X in motion: A well shot video. I wonder if "Randy," the owner of the Model X used in this review, is a forum member. He owns 1 of each Model S variant as well as an X.

Their final verdict on the Model X is interesting, if hard to parse: It's a very desirable vehicle as a mode of conveyance, but not very desirable as a machine for driving even though they praised its handling in some twisties and its Ludicrous speed. It's a marvelous technological package - perhaps the best available anywhere - but . . . Interesting review.

So much for hiding behind a screen name. I have been haunting these forums for a few years now. One added perk of being a Tesla owner is all the information you can gain from other owners on the forums.

I obviously don't drive all our cars. I am the designated Tesla buyer and fleet manager but everyone in the family drives a Tesla.

I also think the cars handle and drive incredibly smooth. But then the everyday driver guys are all about true sports car handling. For a large seven passenger car it drives absolutly amazing. IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
The two reviewers seem completely clueless about Anthropogenic (Man-Made) Global Warming (AGW) and the consequences AGW has already had and will continue to have going forward.

And unfortunately, their chosen line of work comes with the unlucky prerequisite that they (at least) have to continue to act completely clueless about AGW, since their entire channel is just literally one long mumbling about how ICE cars make them feel like little kids (!), and how that is just the greatest thing since sliced bread. Otherwise the rest of their videos about ICE-cars will just be an endless litany of explaining to people why they should get an electric car instead...

That would probably mean that their YouTube-channel wouldn’t make enough money. Subsequently they would both effectively be out of work — so no more health insurance. Then, their significant others (if they have any) would probably leave them, and a couple of months later they’d be homeless…

Oh well.

The two reviewers seem completely clueless about Anthropogenic (Man-Made) Global Warming (AGW) and the consequences AGW has already had and will continue to have going forward.

And unfortunately, their chosen line of work comes with the unlucky prerequisite that they (at least) have to continue to act completely clueless about AGW, since their entire channel is just literally one long mumbling about how ICE cars make them feel like little kids (!), and how that is just the greatest thing since sliced bread. Otherwise the rest of their videos about ICE-cars will just be an endless litany of explaining to people why they should get an electric car instead...

That would probably mean that their YouTube-channel wouldn’t make enough money. Subsequently they would both effectively be out of work — so no more health insurance. Then, their significant others (if they have any) would probably leave them, and a couple of months later they’d be homeless…

Oh well.

I'm actually glad they didn't bring up global warming. A lot of tesla owners such as myself think it's a hoax and have other reasons for buying the car. Had they got into global warming, I would have unsubscribed to their youtube channel and never watched again and I'm sure many ther viewers would have been put off as well.

I'm actually glad they didn't bring up global warming. A lot of tesla owners such as myself think it's a hoax and have other reasons for buying the car. Had they got into global warming, I would have unsubscribed to their youtube channel and never watched again and I'm sure many ther viewers would have been put off as well.
Do you not believe in gravity too? [emoji19]

The truth is, not believing in it will not cause global climate change to stop. It's like standing in front of an oncoming train and trying to believe it away.

There are also groups that believe that the world is flat and that the Apollo mission never landed on the moon. In that respect, Global Warming deniers don't seem so bad. What's going on with the education system in the US? Is it because everyone is being forced to take creationism classes in the south?

I wouldn't say a lot...

Now children please play nice in the sand box.

You can have whatever reason you want for enjoying the cars and everyone is welcome for whatever reason works for them.

I have a nasty habit of needing to breathe so I prefer transportation that does not include a smoke stack.

As an added bonus it is incredibly easy to make electrical fuel at home and incredibly difficult to make gasoline at home.

So win win. I get to breathe and I don't have to buy fuel from people that want to kill me. If that also saves the human race from extinction then ....maybe ...thats a good thing.

The planet does not care if we are here or not so we are not going to save the planet that is for sure.

At this point, there is little that Tesla can do to change the design of Model X. The shape of Model X is dictated by physical requirements: the need to be aerodynamic, and the need to accommodate 3 rows of passengers. You can't make a low-slung sports car out of SUV/CUV requirements, and the need for good aerodynamics makes even the traditional 2-box SUV design all but impossible.

Subtle changes in the sheet metal or front fascia may be possible, but this would do little to change the overall looks of the car. Even mid-model changes can be very expensive and time consuming. For example, Honda re-worked the 9th generation Honda Civic (2012) after a drubbing from Consumer Reports. The changes to the grille, bumpers, and rear lights took over a year (altogether about 18 months turnaround for the mid-Model change designated Model Year 2013 -- to be fair there were some interior and chassis modifications as well, for aesthetics and NVH improvements).

I'm not worried about demand. Production slots opening up seems geographically limited to California and certain configurations. People who locked in long before are still waiting impatiently for their cars. I don't think we will know the full extent of demand until the end of 2016, but I suspect that Model X will actually out-sell Model S by a 3:2 ratio. CUVs sell, and not because they are sexy. Even something as expensive as a Porsche Cayenne (60-160k USD price range), does not exactly have sheet metal that excites.

Oh well.
Your everyday driver doesn't care or at least not enough to spend that much money on a car just to save the world. If Tesla wants to sell 100000+ cars of a car that cost 100k-150k then those cars have to emotionally and practicality appeal to the customers. That's why the Model S is successful: Looks awesome, great tech, insane performance. When it comes to a SUV customers might have different requirements. If it's targeted at women driving kids around the priorities will change again.

There are also groups that believe that the world is flat and that the Apollo mission never landed on the moon. In that respect, Global Warming deniers don't seem so bad.
Yes, they do, because there is no data (you know, measurable stuff, facts) that supports a flat earth and humans never having set foot on the moon, but there is a mountain of data from more than 99% of actual climate scientists that support anthropogenic GW.
I was also annoyed and disappointed by those "reviewers" who completely neglected to factor in the positive environmental impacts of EVs.

I just think that those people who don't trust the scientists, who initially developed all that makes modern human life possible, should be denied all these modern creature comforts. Why do these people believe that guy who first developed the jet engine and use aircraft? At the same time, deny the scientists on other things. I think it's purely based on convenience. Deny them all the modern marvels and medicine and these deniers will get in line.