Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X vs Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been an S85 owner since 2015 and very happy with the car. Looking at getting a 2020 S or X. I like the space and height of the X but love the ride of the S. I'm also concerned with the falcon doors. Any issues with falcon doors and any thoughts on S vs X?

Thanks!

Hi welcome to the forum. I had an S, now have a Y. Probably will get a second Tesla next year, and I initially thought I'd get an X for the room (I like the 6 seat version for 2 adult couples plus two grandkids). However, after no longer having my S, I really miss it. I love the Y, but it is an SUV type vehicle, as is the X. The S is more like what I had driven for years (BMW 7 series mostly). So, I think you'll miss the feel of the S, and whether you like the X or not will depend on how it feels to you when you drive it. I'm still not decided what I'll do either, but I have driven an X. It was more like the S than the Y is, in that it was smooth and substantial feeling. However, it was more floaty given it's height and suspension. The one I drove was before the new X suspension, so that might actually make a big difference. I'd drive a new X around some to see what you think.
Good luck!
Mark

• Helpful
Reactions: VikH
Had two S and now X ..no issues with FWD ..love the looks of S but the space of X is why I got ..if your only concern is with FWD a lot of the earlier issues got worked out and newer cars shouldn’t have issues ..I open mine daily multiple times and going at 75k miles have not had problems

• Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
A recent thread on the same topic: X or S?

We have had our X for over 2.5 years, and have had no issues with the falcon doors.

If it was just my wife and I, we'd still have an S. But since we are driving around elderly parents, the X is much easier to get in and out.